PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing End of May/Beginning of June

Bri
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

One of my friends and I are going to go to Disney May 26 or 27 to June 2 or 3, 2010. She is graduating from nursing school next year so we can't go anytime before May 26, which is a bummer because a got like 3 pin codes for discounts this fall. Anyway, what are the crowds like? I know school isn't quite out yet so I'm thinking it won't be too bad. But I've never been there at that time. Any opinions? Thanks!

faline
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Actually, many of the schools in the south, in particular, end their sessions right around that time frame. I've been in the Magic Kingdom the day after Florida schools closed for the summer - looked like every kid in the state immediately headed to the Magic Kingdom!

Generally, though, the crowds at the end of May/early June are very manageable.

Gregandmel
07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Our friends just got back and went the week you are referring to. She said the crowds were very manageable. Said be sure to take advantage of the EMH's in the evening, and if you aren't taking advantage of the EMH's - be sure to be at the parks at rope drop. You can get a lot done before noon! Good luck - it's a better time to go than later on in June but as everyone says - as long as you have a game plan each day - it makes the day go much smoother no matter how bad the crowds are. Have fun!:mickey:

laprana
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
We have gone at the end of May/beginning of June for the last 4-5 years and we've always found that the crowds aren't too bad! You can definitely notice a difference the further into June you get...seems like the crowds grow each day once May is over. But they're still very manageable. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Bri
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks so much for your responses! I have been in July and it was horrible, well as horrible as Disney could be. I don't mind the heat too much but when it's ungodly hot AND the lines are 120 minutes, that's no fun. So it looks like we are going at a pretty decent time.

Also, we are thinking about doing the quick service dining plan, any thoughts on that? We would probably mostly eat in Epoct for dinner so that we aren't eating burgers everyday.
Thanks again for your responses!

laprana
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I've never used the QS dining plan, so I can't offer much info on that, but if you're looking for some QS places that have more than just the standard burgers and chicken nuggets, you could try:

-Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary
-Starring Rolls at DHS
-Flame Tree BBQ at AK
-Artist's Palette at SSR
-Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD
-Captain Cooks at the Poly

Those all have a great selection of different food! I especially love Wolfgang Puck Express...huge portions and really great food not typically found at a QS place like roasted chicken, great salads, and pastas. :tasty: