PDA

View Full Version : TOS: Referencing (Not Linking To) Another Website

MidnTPK
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Yesterday, I answered an question in a thread that was edited by a moderator. In my answer, I suggested the OP go to another website to look at an overhead map. I wrote (NOT LINKED) that it could be found at "blank dot com". Is this a violation of the TOS?

Further detail: the website I suggested, and which was snipped, was the map section of Microsoft's recently introduced search engine, called Bing (which was big news in the tech world when it was launched publicly).

I don't see how mentioning the site violates the policy below unless there is an ABSOLUTE ZERO tolerance policy for the mere mention of other websites:
INTERCOT also does not allow promotion of other websites on our boards including advertisements, for sale / for rent posts, links or blatant promotionMy assumption is that the moderator on the board is unfamiliar with the new search engine and snipped it because s/he though it was something obscure and possibly inappropriate.

John
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Unfortuantely, you assume wrong. We don't allow links in most circumstances to outside sites because we don't have the time to validate the content. It's also an effort to keep our site clean and junk free as well - and not to become a big advertisement for sites, search engines or other disney websites.

If there is content we are missing related to planning a disney vacation, then contact the site - otherwise, hit infocentral - and you'll be suprised just how much is here.