PDA

View Full Version : BLT top of the World lounge access

mouseketeer mom
07-15-2009, 07:02 AM
I know you need a room key to enter the Top of the World lounge...but is it for members only? Or can guests staying at BLT use the lounge too?

VWL Mom
07-15-2009, 07:18 AM
This link is to an earlier post
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156578

TammiMcMan
07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I know you need a room key to enter the Top of the World lounge...but is it for members only? Or can guests staying at BLT use the lounge too?Currently, the policy being advertised is DVC members only, staying at BLT on points.

MonoMan
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
We are staying there in December - we are not DVC members and are not staying on points. I inquired about the lounge when I made the reservation and I was told that it will have restricted access but they were uncertain if it would be restricted to all guests at BLT or to DVC. The representative even placed me on hold and contacted guest services - and they were unable to provide a definite answer.

TammiMcMan
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
As of right now, this is what they are telling prospective buyers and owners (that it will be restricted to BLT owners staying on points). I don't know if they can encode room keys with that much detail, or if it will be simply key card entry with a DVC member card. It will be interesting to see how it's enforced, but I imagine those that own there will expect that part of the sales pitch to be upheld.

TheRustyScupper
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't know if they can encode room keys with that much detail

1) Yes, the keys are encoded for access.
2) No, only DVC members ON POINTS can use it.
3) It does not have room for even all the DVC members if they want to go up.
4) Thus, will always be restrcited.

TammiMcMan
07-18-2009, 03:20 PM
The following information was posted on the DVC site, it appears that members staying on points or cash will be allowed access:

"Due to anticipated high demand for this location, access is available only to Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership (Vacation Points or cash), guests staying in the room with that Member, and guests who are staying in a room reserved by a DVC Member with Vacation Points. Access is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis."