PDA

View Full Version : December Visit ?

mouseneer
07-15-2009, 02:36 AM
I had planned for my family and I to stay June 2010, but I am curious to know what it's like there the week after Christmas . Is it crowded, cold, or running 100% ? We'd be staying through New Years also. We were there Thanksgiving 2008, and the weather was really nice; does it change much in a month ?

Gregandmel
07-15-2009, 09:08 AM
From what I have read, the week between Christmas & New Year's is the busiest time in Disney!

faline
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
The week between Christmas and New Year's is always extremely crowded. It is not uncommon for parks to close (particularly Magic Kingdom) to incoming guests by mid-day.

swampfox28
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Unfortunately I think that's the VERY BUSIEST time of the whole year... :(

Crowded (and how!)

My first EVER trip to WDW (which almost doesn't count, but let's face it - it does to me!) was a half-day trip on New Years Eve in my early 20's. We did NOT have any pre-planning in place, so we probably did everything wrong, but we watied over an hour for everything we rode. NOT fun (except it WAS Disney!)

We only rode like 6 things before we had to leave and it was wall to wall people.

Since then we've gone off-season and liked it a LOT more; walking onto rides with hardly a wait, etc.

-Sarah

elmjimmlm
07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
We were there this past NYs and it was very busy...There were a lot of things that we could not do because of the crowds but the weather was great...Just make sure to pick your park on NYE and go early because they do close early afternoon...

Pigtunia
07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
It used to be that we could only travel in that week or in mid-March ...both times were EXTREMELY busy, and much more expensive in terms of flights and rooms.

Your best bet would be to go the week before Christmas. It's WAY cheaper, and the crowds are very light. Most of the Christmas decorations go up in early November, so it will feel just like the Holidays.