PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian to Epcot

Figment78
07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I was just on some other site and it said that they only way to get from the Grand Floridian to Epcot was to take the MK monorail to TTC and transfer to the epcot monorail. Is that correct? Are there no buses from GF to Epcot? Is the same true of the Contemporary? I've never stayed at either, so I never encountered this.

For anyone that has stayed at GF, do you find that it takes long to get to the parks (other than MK, of course)? Please share your experiences.... I've always wanted to stay at GF and though I have many years to plan for that trip, I'm really looking forward to it already!

TIA

JPL
07-14-2009, 11:44 PM
That is correct you take the Monorail to the TTC and then change to the Epcot Monorail Line. It is true at all the Monorail resorts the only difference if at the Poly you can actually walk to the TTC.

DizneyRox
07-15-2009, 06:21 AM
That is correct you take the Monorail to the TTC and then change to the Epcot Monorail Line. It is true at all the Monorail resorts the only difference if at the Poly you can actually walk to the TTC.
You can walk from the Grand through the Poly to the TTC as well. It's a 1/2 decent walk and good way to prep for the upcoming meals over at World Showcase!

TammiMcMan
07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Are there no buses from GF to Epcot? Is the same true of the Contemporary? I've never stayed at either, so I never encountered this.You can also take a bus from the resort.

For anyone that has stayed at GF, do you find that it takes long to get to the parks (other than MK, of course)? Please share your experiences.... I've always wanted to stay at GF and though I have many years to plan for that trip, I'm really looking forward to it already!The GF does sometimes share bus service with Wilderness Lodge, so it can take some extra time getting places.

When we stay at the GF, usually the only bus service we take right from the hotel is for the AK park. This is what we do for the others:

MK ~ monorail over and resort boat back
Epcot ~ monorail to MK, hop on the BC/YC bus, get off at BC and walk through the back of Epcot
MGM ~ monorail to MK, hop on the BW bus, walk to MGM (about 10 minutes)

wdwfansince75
07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
From the monorail resorts, for DHS and AK, you can also take the monorail to TTC, and switch to the very convenient buses to each of those parks.....The DHS and AK bus stops are to the left as you reach the bus circle. The direct resorts buses stop at the water parks on the way to the parks, and are usually shared with other resorts.....

For EPCOT, the Monorail to TTC and then, the EPCOT monorail is always convenient, and rarely crowded....

Figment78
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Epcot ~ monorail to MK, hop on the BC/YC bus, get off at BC and walk through the back of Epcot

About how long does this typically take? This is my main concern, actually - getting to the World Showcase without having to do monorail to monorail and then still have to walk all the way through Future world. Do you know if the TTC's BC/YC bus stops at Boarwalk, Swan and Dolphin too? (would like to avoid 5 stops)

TammiMcMan
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Do you know if the TTC's BC/YC bus stops at Boarwalk, Swan and Dolphin too? (would like to avoid 5 stops)It's hard to predict how long, because Disney transportation varies by need. Sometimes buses are shared and sometimes they aren't. In our experience, the BC/YC bus is usually shared by the Swan/Dolphin. The BWI bus seems to run alot on it's own.

We have found that taking the resort bus from the MK is the fastest way into the World Showcase. It's pretty direct, even if there is another resort stop, plus the back entrance is so much less crowded and much quicker to get through.

Figment78
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
It's hard to predict how long, because Disney transportation varies by need. Sometimes buses are shared and sometimes they aren't. In our experience, the BC/YC bus is usually shared by the Swan/Dolphin. The BWI bus seems to run alot on it's own.

We have found that taking the resort bus from the MK is the fastest way into the World Showcase. It's pretty direct, even if there is another resort stop, plus the back entrance is so much less crowded and much quicker to get through.

Whoops! That's what I meant, the MK bus to BC/YC. Sorry. Thanks for your answer!

Jeffybob
07-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Agreed ... you can take a bus from the TTC to one of the Resorts i.e.: the BC or BW and walk into the back of The World Showcase near the UK and France pavilions, thus avoiding the front of Epcot, which is much more crowded. Which is the quickest is hard to say ... there will be some wait with either the monorail or buses unless you totally luck out and time it just right.

TammiMcMan
07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Agreed ... you can take a bus from the TTC to one of the ResortsJust so there isn't any confusion with people reading this thread, you would actually get the resort bus from the MK and not the TTC.