PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon

Live4WDW
07-14-2009, 10:48 PM
:mickey: Hey all. Comin in august. Anyone have a favorite water park. Also what is a good time to get to the parks? Opening, or a little later. Thanks:mickey:

Zippy 1
07-15-2009, 01:53 AM
We have done both parks. We like BB better. We got there right at opening. You get better chairs and no lines!!!!!!

grumpyguy
07-15-2009, 07:11 AM
never been to the water parks in august,but i recommend getting to them early,as in when they open.the lounge chairs go quick!
we always claim "our spot" as early in the day as possible.
as far as a fav...we like 'em both but we like the atmosphere of tl a little better,and they have the best sno-cones!!!
have a great time!!!

BluewaterBrad
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I really like them both a lot. BB is probably my favorite though. Get there early!!:mickey:

drummerboy
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I have to go with BB as well. Not sure why, but I guess I like the slides, etc. there a little more. Since I live at the beach, a wave pool doesn't do much for me.

pook@wdw
07-22-2009, 10:49 PM
BB has Summit Plummet...'nuf said! But, TL has the better wave pool and Shark Reef absolutely rocks! Hard choice.

LauraByTheSea
07-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Never been to BB but TL is awesome! And yes, get there early to claim your spot! I always grab a spot on one of the little islands in the wave pool...

mainemajor
07-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Lik most everyone else has said - get there early. DW and I both prefer TL over BB, but we LOVE them both.

Disney_Barbie
07-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Hmmm, we love both, in our opinion BB is more adventerous & TL is more relaxing (of course there is adverterous things @ TL & vise versa, but I don't know, it's just the vibe we get for some reason), so thus I guess it all depends what you're looking for. If you want crazy slides (IE - summit plumit) with a mix of some relaxation go for BB, if you want more of a tropical day at the beach relaxed feel, with a little bit of danger, go for TL

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Go first thing when it opens if you are looking for thrill water rides go to BB if you want a relaxing lazy day at a water park TL is for you
IMO TL has the better lazy river plus you can't beat the wave pool BUT BB has a cooler theme and better slides I can't decide I love them both!

kemps@wdw
08-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, BB has :jaw:"Summit Plummet"..."nuf said! However, TL has the better wave pool and Shark Reef :shark: is way cool! Hard choice! :confused:

Diamondback'09
08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I too am going in August. :D I've been to BB and they do have some awesome slides. I've only been to TL for 45 minutes. We are definately making a trip to that park.

Giggy
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm with the people who can't pick which they prefer. Both have some awesomerides and both are brilliantly and imaginatively themed. I've never gotten around to going on Summet Plummet so when I next go I'd like to do that, though at typhoon Lagoon they have Crush n Gusher which is new since our last visit.

No worries, we always go to both of them anyway. :mickey:

jenperich
08-11-2009, 11:54 AM
We have been to both and I like TL MUCH better. It's just so much more relaxing. The wave pool and the shark reef(although I don't like it) are great! Crush 'N Gusher is way cool! And the lazy river is much better than BB. Plus, even with sunscreen, I got a HORRIBLE sunburn at BB from all the white surfaces. You'll have a ball at whichever one you go to.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Like everything else at Disney, you'll get so much more done if you're there when the waterpark opens.

We tried BB for the first time on our last trip, and it was simply amazing! We were there from open to close and never ran out of things to do and try (and we're wimps, so no summit plummet for us). We felt that there was more to do than at TL, and were kept busy, even with pretty short lines.

However, you can't put on enough sunscreen. We layered it on twice and still got bad burns, so be careful!

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Both waterparks are great! We are early risers, so we get there early.:mickey:

Mousemates
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
we prefer the variety at TL....as for the best time...to us its the same at the WPs as the theme parks...early always works better...get their early, ride hard and then when the lines start to lengthen hit the wave pool, the lazy river, snorkel (TL) and catch some rays (or nap)...the lines will drop off again close to closing and you casn do some heavy riding again if you want.

DisneyWizard
08-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Prefer Typhoon Lagoon. Themed so well!

epceddie
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I love the wave pool at TL. I can spend all day there.

Disneypixie513
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Another vote for BB..
IMO BB has more slides and stuff to do.

Touchdown
08-30-2009, 11:37 PM
I cant pick. Usually on our trips we do a half a day at each. We always arrive at BB for opening, but lately after realizing that the only attractions we really wanted to do at TL were the wave pool and rivers we started doing that in the afternoon. So we usually either do both on the same day (and then hit the EMH evening park) or do BB and DHS one day and AK and TL another.

joonyer
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
If we could only visit one, it would be BB, mainly because it has the world's best and longest, family raft ride, Teamboat Springs. That's our favorite of all the slides and rides at either waterpark. It's GREAT! BUT, we love TL too and we usually visit both (more than once) on every WDW vacation. You can't go wrong either way.

queenii
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
We love Teamboat Springs!!! It's been awhile since we've been to Typhoon Lagoon because we like BB so much better:number1:. Does anyone know if you still have to carry your own 4 person raft up for the family raft ride there? This is what I hated about Typhoon Lagoon when we visited about 5 years ago. I couldn't believe Disney didn't have a belt for this like they do at BB.