PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from WDW to US?

WDW&MK
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
We will have 1 non-disney day in the middle of our upcoming trip in Sept. (12 days, 11 nights, 10 day PH). It is just DH and me. We are thinking of going to US/IOA but don't want to rent a car just for that day. DH doesn't want to drive either (nor do I). We've used Meers shuttle before but were wondering if a taxi would be better because we'd be more in control of our own time or would the cost be prohibitive. Any thoughts?
Also any other ideas for an off-site day without a car besides IOA/US or SW? We'd love something different! Thanks!!

faline
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Personally, I'd probably rent a car for the day. You might google on taxi fare finder for Orlando to get an idea of what a taxi might cost you.

mouseneer
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I'm with Faline...rent a car. You can choose what to rent, you can have it all day, and it doesn't cost much more than a cab.

disneypk
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Just took a taxi from CSR to Universal's Hard Rock Hotel last week. One way trip for 2 people in cab cost $33.00 plus tip.

kdbianchini
07-16-2009, 07:29 AM
We did this on our previous trip and found that it was cheaper to take the bus to Downtown Disney and then get a taxi there. I don't remember the exact cost, but I belive it was $24.

WDW&MK
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Great! Thank you very much for the info!

faline
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
We did this on our previous trip and found that it was cheaper to take the bus to Downtown Disney and then get a taxi there. I don't remember the exact cost, but I belive it was $24.

Yes, I have heard that this location is location is closer to Universal and, therefore, less expensive!

OleDoleDoffin
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Hah! I was just about to ask this question! From our group it's likely to be only two older teenagers going to Universal, neither of whom has a driver's license, so a taxi seems to be the best option. And now I know about how much to add to the budget for the taxi fare. Thank you!

Nekochan
08-10-2009, 07:18 AM
There's also indoor skydiving if you're going offsite. Also Wonderworks. The comedy/magic show there at night is good, the pizza is definitely missable. I believe blue man group performs at citywalk too.