PDA

View Full Version : And a counter service on the Boardwalk?

scooterca42
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Or am I even asking the right question? Thanks, everyone, for suggestions for DTD. Now we're going to be wandering along the Boardwalk as part of our "never been there before" trip. Can anyone give suggestions about food there?

KAT1811
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
There is a new eatery going in, might be interesting. Big River Grill was good when we were there a number of years back. Great food, poor atmosphere. Flying Fish gets some great reviews. Good luck! For us we LOVE the Yachtsman Steakhouse on the other side of the lake at the Yacht Club. You could always walk the Boardwalk and then stroll over to the YC for dinner.

EllieMae
07-14-2009, 08:25 PM
There is a cart that sells corn dogs, fries, etc on the boardwalk but I'm not sure if they are on the dining plan (if that's what you meant by counter service). If you are looking for sit down there a lots of good choices I think. If you like sports bars then ESPN is a good choice for bar type food, Big River Brewery has good food and if the weather is nice you can sit on the Boardwalk and people watch.

faline
07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Your could try Boardwalk Bakery. I understand they serve some sandwiches there. While not a counter service restaurant, I'd probably go with the ESPN Club - food is decent and the prices aren't bad!

KAT1811
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I missed the counter service part. Oops! :doh:

I am not sure about counter service on the Boardwalk but Beaches and Cream at the BC is right in that price range, sit down but fun and cute none the less and you can order at the counter to go if you prefer not to eat inside.