PDA

View Full Version : WDW Training

nicster
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
DH & I start 'training' months in advance of our upcoming WDW trips. By that I mean that we walk alot! We usually walk around the park near our home (2.25 miles) almost every day. That way we are ready for the walking & heat that we will experience at WDW. This year we have stepped up our training by doing the walk in the early morning & in the evening. How about the rest of you? What do you do to train for your trip?

disneyboundagain
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I train for our trip by overindulging on a regular basis, eating foods that I know I shouldn't be eating. I also make sure I over-stuff myself at least once a day. I also make it a point, at least once a week, to buy a knick-knack that I really don't need.

Just so I am sure to not get out of shape, I practice this training year-round. This also ensures I will be "in shape" for any unplanned and unexpected Disney trips.

This seems to work very well for me. When we are in Disneyworld, I feel NO guilt because of the way I am eating or the amount of money we are spending. :D:beer::D:beer:

scooterca42
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
I train for our trip by overindulging on a regular basis, eating foods that I know I shouldn't be eating. I also make sure I over-stuff myself at least once a day. I also make it a point, at least once a week, to buy a knick-knack that I really don't need.

Just so I am sure to not get out of shape, I practice this training year-round. This also ensures I will be "in shape" for any unplanned and unexpected Disney trips.

:rotfl:

Me too! Seriously, we go in September, so we're already acclimated to hot, steamy weather - it's normal in Toronto... ;)

So it's just the walking we need to work on. We do walk extra.

daisyhead
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I train by neurotically obsessing over our plans, browsing menus on the web, reading reviews of restaurants. I scour Intercot for tip ideas, purchase those "chip clips" and "mole skin" weeks in advance so I can make sure to put them in just the right space.

I search for photos of the resort on the web, dreaming of the spot I will put my suitcase, standing in front of the castle, and the Dole Whip I plan to eat.

Ahhhh, it's a rough workout, really, but it's all worth it in the end.

I do plan to jog and walk throughout the fall so I can be in shape for our trip, too! I might have to put a few Disney tunes on my iPod, just to keep me motivated. If anything will motivate me to get more exercise, a Disney trip will! :) :mickey:

GrumpyFan
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Boy the pundits are out today! Too funny!

Seriously though, and to answer your question, I try to start walking a couple of months in advance. If I'm taking some new shoes, I will try to walk in them for at least a month.

Snow's Mom
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I walk. And I make my DD walk with me!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
We park farther from the doors when we do our Disney shopping! :shop:

Pop Centurion
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
My girlfriend & I walk 3 miles after dinner every night. It's mainly for her because she has a bad back & doesn't get enough exercise. So when we hit WDW she's so tired by the end of the night. This year she wants to be prepared.

I usually run 5 miles a day just to keep myself in shape and loose the extra few pounds I've recently added. But this spring/summer I've been so busy I haven't had time.

MushuGrl
07-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I used to do this before each trip - last year I didn't do it, and BOY did I feel it! I was so tired by midday!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I exercise my jaw by having "Disney" night once a week with the family. We make our favorite DisneyWorld recipes and EAT, EAT, EAT!!!!

As for the rest of me, we walk and ride our bikes alot. but, we will begin walking more. My main concern is getting the kids walking lots. Got to get their little legs ready for the walking.... and get my arms and upper body ready for all the carrying of the kids when they get tired!!!! But, hey, that's what strollers are for.

Gregandmel
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
These posts just crack me up - thanks for the chuckle!!! :funny::laughing::silly:

DisneyAndRedSox
07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Nope I don't prepare, but I never have a problem... when I am at Disney I am running on a super-human-Disney-adrenaline-rush!

Actually, there is one thing that my Mom and I do every year about 6 months out. We open a bottle of wine and watch the Disney vacation planning video and have a toast! :marg: