PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass Worth It?

xfiles1978
07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I am curious if the Photo Pass is worth it? My wife and I have been to Disneyworld quite a few times and have always seen the photographers there but basically passed them by because we weren't interested in get photos done and I never really looked into the Photo pass. However, we are going to be going to Disney this October (Staying at CBR. Can't wait!!!) with our DD who will be 1. This will be her first trip to Disney as well as our first trip together there, so that is why I am curious about the Photo pass now. After hearing about it, the pass seemed like a good way to capture alot of our moments there. I appreciate everyone's opinion on it. Also, if we decide to go with the pass and I take pictures with our digital camera can Disney upload all of them together if we get the CD?
Thanks

faline
07-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I've gottent the photopass cards on two occasions. On the first occasion, we only had a handful of pictures taken so never purchased any of the pics or the cd. Last year, we had quite a few pics taken and did purchase the cd. This year, we pre-purchased it so we'll see how it goes.

I understand you can upload your pics to the photopass site but that still means they are only available there for 30 days. I'm not quite sure if that then means you can include all your pics on the cd you then get back from Disney.

lightyearfan
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
absolutely it' s worth it, me and dw did the same thing we would pass those photopassers right by, then we did it one year and we haven't looked back. i like the fact that we can get a photo almost anywhere, then go home, goto the website and look at all the pics, and pick the one's that came out the best.

Victor

Imalismom
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I actually just pre-purchased mine. I've told my DD that we are having our picture taken everytime we can LOL!

I figure its the last vacation I'm probably going to get with just her and I (she is going off to college soon) and I want pictures with the two of us in them.

PixieMagic
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
110% worth it!!! We treasure our because they are the only ones that have us all! Plus the photopass photographers are super nice and love posing staged pictures :thumbsup:

joanna71985
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I love Photopass! I got the CD last summer, and plan on doing it again this time. I especially love the pictures with the characters, and doing the special add-in shots (like Tink, Baby Simba, ect).

Lizzie
07-14-2009, 02:29 PM
We love it. Its the only way we get family shots. But we also go with our extended family and manage to get at least 100 pictures on our trip.

DisneyAggies
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
It's NOT worth it if:
1. You don't want to stop and take the time to have a picture taken.
2. You only have 5 photopass pictures taken your entire trip.

That being said...we've purchased (or pre-purchased) the photopass CD ever since my ODS's first trip (4 years ago), and they've been TOTALLY worth it! I check in at the Photopass kiosks in the parks frequently, and make sure we have at least 100 pics taken before we leave WDW. Then, I access the account online, edit and add borders, and end up with at least 250-300 images.

Disney Doll
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
We don't do it every trip because it is an added expense and honestly I take tons of pictures myself, but we do like to get the CD for special trips. We did it for DS's 1st trip which was also his 1st birthday. We knew we were going to want lots of pictures and it was so nice to enjoy the moment with him (especially at character interactions) without worrying about getting the picture. We are doing it again when we take a trip with the extended family later this year. We'll have a group of 8 so the expense is less when divided among so many. Plus, I figure the Photopass CD will ensure that we get at least a couple of pictures with the whole group.

Since this is a milestone trip for you I'd say it's definitely worth it!

BelleKP
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Absolutely worth it! :thumbsup:
The first year we used photopass we wanted to get a family shot at each of the parks in front of the main 'icon'. Once we realized each pick would cost us $12 (four pics almost $50), we decided to take more with the photographers and bought the CD for $100. Last trip we had 300 photopass pics . . . so definitely worth it.
The best place to take advantage of photopass is in the water parks . . . you don't want to be carrying around your own camera! :whew:
And prepay for your CD to get a special deal. :thumbsup:

Urbss
07-14-2009, 05:16 PM
After our visit last year - I won't go again without first pre-ordering our CD. So many great pictures of everyone in our group!!

And, there were many photographers out at MNSSHP that it made it more than worth the $99.00!!!

I also treasure the picture of our little one holding his hands out with Tink standing there on his palm. VERY COOL!!!

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Another vote here for WORTH IT! We pre-purchased this year, and after editing, ended up with almost 300 photos on our CD. There are some unique pictures there that we couldn't have done (or wouldn't have thought to do) ourselves. Plus, as someone pointed out, they're the only pictures we have with all of us in them. And, if you pre-purchase and don't like the pictures, you can get a refund. :mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Can anyone tell me how to pre-purchase the CD?

JavaDuck
07-15-2009, 12:59 AM
I say it is worth it since there is no charge to just have the pictures taken during the trip. Once you get home from your trip, you can review the pictures and decide if you want to purchase them.

On our last trip, we ended up buying a photo album with the best pictures. All of the pictures took only 1 to 2 minutes to take.

g8rgirl29
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I think it is worth every penny. We had originally only planned to do it our DD's first trip in 2007. We did it last year and have already pr-ordered for this year. It doesn't take that long to stop and get a photo here and there. You can get as many pics as you want taken. You still need to bring your camera along but it is worth every penny to have photo's with all of you in it at prime locations.

yjgirl32
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I love the fact that I get everyone in the picture- mainly myself and don't have to bug anyone to take our picture for us. It's great! This time going down there will 9 of us and am hoping will have LOTS of pictures.