PDA

View Full Version : Memory Tags

nicster
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
When we took our fist WDW trip with our older teen children, our DD was taking a psychology class. She had learned about something called 'memory tags'. If I understand it right, certain sounds, tastes, smells, etc can remind you of an event. So, to create a memory tag for WDW she ate only Pezz candies for her snack. Now, 13 years later, she still thinks of Pezz as her WDW snack. My question is: Do any of you have a Memory Tag for WDW & what is it?;)

tazlikesrobots
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Got two of them!

The cuban sandwich at Bongos Cafe and funnel cakes..

dizneefan67
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
My memory tag of WDW is one on the weird side I suppose. When I worked at Epcot, I remember how the merchadising shops were soooo cold with A/C and it actually had a DISNEY SMELL! I have not experienced that smell anywhere else, although some have come close enough to remind me. And anytime I see FIREWORKS on the 4th of July, remind me as well. Although none compare to DISNEY fireworks...I guess they spoil you after seeing them every night for a year! LOL

Will:mickey:

Disney Doll
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I have some travel sized soaps and lotions that never get used unless we go to WDW. One day I was out of my regular lotion and I rummaged through my travel sizes. Those smells immediately reminded me of Disney.

DisneyAggies
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Yep, I have lots (some related to WDW and some not).

My late Aunt's perfume (I don't know the name, but when I smell it, I feel her right there...she always wore that scent) she's been gone, what...15 years now??

When DH and I got married (and on our honey moon), I used a different soap fragrance.

When both DSs were born, I changed to another soap fragrance...

The busses at Disneyworld--the exhaust smell.

The A/C at Disneyworld...it has a certain smell.

And, this one's strange, but 100% true...when I was little I got a stuffed Minnie at WDW. She had a very specific smell to her (when I cuddled her), any time I go into a store at WDW and find the stuffed animals, I pick one up and smell it--takes me back!

There are TONS more...I used a TON of memory tricks to study in college (once memorized lectures for a quiz to the movie "The Man without a Face"--LOL
)