PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had to cancel WDW Vacation

GINNY69
07-14-2009, 04:18 AM
I may have to cancel my WDW vacation that is coming up on August 9th due to Medical Issues with my son. I was wondering if anyone had to do this? I know we will have to pay some penalties. We are waiting to a week to see what happens with my son. If we don't go in a few weeks I was thinking maybe around XMas time we can go..

goofyfan4466
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
my family has had to cancel twice. once due to a knee surgery that went really bad for me,( ended up in icu for 3 days ),and second time this past april due to no work contract,( still negotiating & still working ).we did not have any penalties except for the airline.we now drive !.this last time we only canceled and they are holding our deposit for a later date ( hopefully early next year ).if we can get this contract done.we are also making small payments to disney to widdle down cost of vacation. i hope you can still go and i hope your son is ok. good luck

sassafras
07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
We had to cancel a few years ago when my husband had a major illness that was quite sudden. The cast members were very helpful and very understanding, considering the state I was in at the time. The only "penalty" we had was our DVC points were put into a holding account for the remainder of the year until we could use them. The person I spoke to also took care of cancelling all of our ADRs and SW airlines gave us credit for our tickets.

Ltmoko
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I did not have to cancel but, I had to go down 2 days late, I called explained that my daughter had been very sick prior to the trip. We had connecting rooms with other family members, Disney held our room for us and did not charge me for the 2 days. I was very happy with the way I was treated, they were very accomodating.

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I hope your son is doing better soon!

We had medical issues with our daughter one year. She was in the hospital and the trip was just a week away. We planned on cancelling, but since WDW was all she talked about while she was in the hospital, we were determined to make it work. I'm glad to say we still went! It wasn't our best trip ever, but it was really great considering what we'd all been through.

It's great to read the stories above and hear that you're likely to be very accomodated if you do have to cancel. Hope things are all well there soon!

IloveDisney71
07-16-2009, 08:50 AM
We've had to cancel twice. Once due to a hurricane and once due to a medical problem. Disney was very understanding. We didn't have any penalites to pay and they credited our deposits back on my credit card.