PDA

View Full Version : What have you spent your "free" birthday gift card on??

crazeedizneefinatic
07-13-2009, 11:28 PM
For those of you that have gone to Disney for your birthday and opted for the gift card what did you spend it on? We have 2 birthdays on our upcoming trip and one of them being mine....just dreaming of doing a little shopping...lol....:mickey:

DebbieFr
07-14-2009, 03:30 AM
I am celebrating my birthday too. Please let me know any details that you have

ChipDale2708
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I will be choosing the gift card option for my birthday in October as well. Initially I was planning this grand shopping excursion using that and my Visa reward dollars, but then I decided I'm going to try and get something of value instead of more t-shirts and 'stuff'. I'll probably focus on the classics collection figures or some art piece.

elmjimmlm
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I am going to choose the gift card and I don't know of anything specific that I want but my kids already have it spent on what they want...:blush:

pink
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
We chose the gift card back in March, we just went gift shop crazy and spent it in one day.

-Pirate necklace
-Beeker and Kermit plush toy
-Mickey Mouse watch
-Tower of Terror bell and key shapped keychain
-Lunch at the Sci-Fi for that day
-Rock N Roller Coaster ride picture

:mickey:

Snow's Mom
07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I am planning to use part of it to play Fantasia Golf. Not sure about the rest!

epceddie
07-15-2009, 01:39 AM
We're going to get a gift card for my wife's birthday in November and she can't wait to buy a Disney sweatshirt.
On our previous trips, she just hasn't been able to bring herself to spend $40 for one.
I'll be happy with a t-shirt or a hat and a new coffee mug to add to my collection.

DeniseMB
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Just curious, what is the gift card worth? Is this special just running until the end of the year? :mickey:

BMan62
07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Just curious, what is the gift card worth? Is this special just running until the end of the year? :mickey:

This is part of the "Celebrate You" promotion. The gift card is worth the price on a one day MYW admission - currently $75.

As far as how long the promotion is going to run, nobody really knows at this point. It is assumed that it will end at the end of this year (2009) but they may extend the "Celebrate You" promotion like they did the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion. It will probably be announced sometime in the fourth quarter - Sept. thru Dec.

You must sign up for the promotion prior to arriving at WDW/DL and must have proof of ID and birth date, and can only receive the card on your true birthday, although it must be used within one calendar year.

Snow's Mom
07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I tried to sign my daughter up for her January birthday. Wouldn't go through. It said the promotion ends at the end of the year.

A sweatshirt is a great idea!

DeniseMB
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info :mickey: