PDA

View Full Version : Off Clip-On?

alphamommy
07-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Has anyone tried the Off Clip-On? If so, how well does it work?

I'm allergic to mosquito bites, so naturally they flock to me. I'd like to spend more time outside, but I don't like spray (it usually doesn't work very well). I thought about trying the Clip-On, but I figured I'd see if anyone here had tried it before I spent the money.

Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I haven't tried it, but have you tried using a Bounce sheet? Simply rub it over your exposed parts, then tuck it into a pocket. The little critters should leave you alone for the most part.:thumbsup:

faline
07-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Got one of the clip-ons about a week ago. We have tons of mosquitoes where I live. I've worn it a few times when I've gone out for a walk - in fact, I just got back from a nice long walk a little while ago. So far, no bites but I haven't actually been out of doors during dusk either!

Basket Mommy
07-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I've used it a couple of times when we've been swimming at night. I like to get out and dry off a little while before the kids finish swimming. That's usually when they get me, but the times I've used the little Off gadget I haven't gotten one bite.

garymacd
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Hopefully, this is available in Canada. My daughter is also allergic to mosquito bites.

mjaclyn
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I can't find the OFF clip on anywhere. I carry the coupon I have for it around in my pocket just in case I see one somewhere. I really want to try it because I HATE the smell of bug spray and the sticky feeling but I'm constantly getting bit up!

alphamommy
07-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I've never heard the idea with the Bounce sheets! I think I'll try that before I buy the Clip-On.

Thanks!

ILoveLegos
07-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Off clip-ons work great! I use them when planting/weeding in my gardens. I've taken them on evening walks, worn them while adjusting our outdoor lighting and I've used them when playing lawn sports early morning & evenings. We keep 4 of them in a them in a bowl by the door to the backyard to remind us to wear them outside. It's mid-July and none of us have gotten a mosquito bite yet!
:cool:
Just follow the directions when using them and don't use around food / wash hands after use, they last about 12 hours (there is an on/off switch that somewhat extends their life when not in use). Remember it's still DEET afterall, it is just a diferent way of using it. The smell is minimal compared to regular OFF sprays. I have found that when clipping it on a side pocket my arm brushed pass the fan a bit and it tends to pick up a faint OFF smell. Clipping it on a back pocket works just as well and my arms stay out of the fan's line of fire. DEET unlike Bounce sheets make you "invisible" to mosquitos (ie mosquitos can difficulty detecting the CO2 you exhale as well as other diet related triggers that attract them). The package did say that the product works best when you are not moving about too fast (it has to build a protective bubble around you so to speak). I have not tried jogging or riding my bicycle with one on to test that theory yet...
Anywho, hope this helps!