PDA

View Full Version : Time consumer

StitchFan#1
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
:geek:SO my grandma is having her rotator cuff surugery on wednsday and I want to bring something with to do while shes in the OR and I was thinking my computer! Keepinmind im a teenager so i dont knit or count money (no offense to knitters or money counters) So please tellme, what should i bring

PirateLover
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
What about a good book? Or a portable gaming device? I think that is so nice that you are going with her... I often accompany my grandfather for medical things.

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I just finished going with my dad for open heart surgery. 7hours but was at hospital for 12 hours.
I took my computer, since i didn't have internet connection I downloaded a few games that were new to me to help pass the time. also had my Ipod as well.
It worked good, took my mind off the surgery. Good luck to your grandmother and you!

badkitty
07-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I have taken my computer to the hospital several times and it really does help distract you. I mainly was doing work but I surprisingly was able to connect to a wifi and was able to spend time on Intercot!

I hope all goes well for your grandma. :pixie:

garymacd
07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Are you going to be there alone, or with someone else? My daughter had to have her gall bladder removed a while back. We brought a deck of cards and taught her boyfriend and sister how to play Euchre. It certainly killed the time.

wdw_bound
07-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I work at a hospital. We have free wifi, but not all do, so check with guest services or the hospital website before assuming you'll be able to connect. We also restrict access to certain types of sites, including social networking (Intercot would work, but MySpace wouldn't), as do many hospitals for security/privacy purposes. Not all hospital waiting areas have power outlets for everyone to use - so you may have to plug in when you can, but be considerate of others and run off battery power when you can.

Finally, please be courteous and observant of hospital policies - do not use cell phones in areas that it is not permitted, do not use a camera at all (privacy laws) unless given permission by staff to do so, and do not bring food/drink into recovery areas (many patients are on restricted intake, and it is not fair to watch others in the area sipping a coke...).

You are sweet to accompany your grandmother - hope she does very well with her recovery!

StitchFan#1
07-15-2009, 06:25 PM
eeeppp so sorry bvut her surgery got canceled but thanks for al the great support and ideas