PDA

View Full Version : July crowds

tink2006
07-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Just got back yesterday from a wonderful trip to WDW. I will post a trip report later. I just wanted to let you know that the crowds were minimal compared to past years. Other than MK on the fourth, the parks were virtually empty -for Disney standards. For example, at epcot there was a 10 minute wait for Mission Space, 1 hour wait for Test Track , 20 minute wait for Soarin. This was at 3PM. The other parks were about the same (we did not go to Animal Kingdom). I think we got two fast passes at MGM (TOT and RNRC) and one at MK for Buzz. If you are going in July and last week was any indication - don't worry about crowds.......

Unfortunately I think this is a reflection of the economic times. Hopefully things will bounce back soon! (we can only hope)

DizneyRox
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Attendence is off significantly. And it's obvious. We'll see what the quarterly report has to say about this, but I'm thinking Disney isn't doing as well as people think. With all the discounts, etc. There's a reason for it.

Staffing is also on the light side, which I think is just as obvious...

moe513
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
WOW We are going in a few weeks I will let you know what I think. We usually go during free dining and i find that crowded. This year we are going before free dining.

Snow's Mom
07-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Yessss!!!!!!:joy:

(We're leaving in about a week!)

tink2006
07-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Staffing is also on the light side, which I think is just as obvious...

I did not notice much difference in staffing. It seemed that every time I wanted to talk to a CM, there was one available and eager to help. I did sense a certain mood amongst the CM....where is everybody and will I be able to keep my job.

On a positive note. I spoke to our maid several times during our stay. She really took the time to make your stay enjoyable - elaborate towel animals, meeting most guest requests etc. Basically, she had the time to provide exceptional service and she was going to take advantage of this. I think most CM had the same philosophy. It was almost back to basics for them. I found this from check in and throughout our stay. It was nice to feel special.

07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Other than MK on the fourth, the parks were virtually empty

Don't know where some people are going but at MK they have had to open the Main St. bypass more times in the last couple of weeks than usual after the 9pm Spectro and Wishes because of the large crowds. Had to open it again last night (Monday) in fact