PDA

View Full Version : Shipping diapers to CSR

Giselle
07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm going to need a bunch of diapers shipped to CSR when we go in November. How do I do that? Will the concierge hold them for me at the desk? Do I need special instructions? Thanks.:baby:

brownie
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't know about shipping. Would it be easier to make a stop on the way to your resort to pick up diapers?

DlandMommy
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Back in January we got all the baby,s stuff from Garden grocier:thumbsup:It was great no packing and everything was delivered the morning we got there:)We got diapers,applejuice,milk,string cheese,crackers,And of course snacks for us;)Its the best!!!!!

lockedoutlogic
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
I don't know about shipping. Would it be easier to make a stop on the way to your resort to pick up diapers?

You're assuming they have a car.....
if they do...that's the way to go...if not...not a feasible option

by the way...isn't hockeytown in pittsburgh now? didn't Fleury "steal" the title away when he went all "secret service" across the crease on old Norris?:secret:

buzz2001
07-14-2009, 05:51 AM
If the package comes in by UPS or Fedex, here are the charges.

Guest Parcel Services (Parcel Handling Fees)
* Envelope $3.00
* Small Box $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
* Medium Box $5.00 (5-20 lbs)
* Large Box $10.00 (21-70 lbs)
* Golf Club $10.00
* Display Cases $15.00
* Pallets $70.00 (per 100 lbs)

If the package is delivered by USPS, there is no cost.

gueli
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I have shipped to disney resorts 2 years ago. I used UPS.
All you need to do is send it about a week before your trip- use your name care of the resort and the dates your are staying.

When we got there our packages were waiting for us, the cm went into the back and grabbed them.

It was easy and convienent.

Have fun
:mickey:

gueli
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
If the package comes in by UPS or Fedex, here are the charges.

Guest Parcel Services (Parcel Handling Fees)
* Envelope $3.00
* Small Box $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
* Medium Box $5.00 (5-20 lbs)
* Large Box $10.00 (21-70 lbs)
* Golf Club $10.00
* Display Cases $15.00
* Pallets $70.00 (per 100 lbs)

If the package is delivered by USPS, there is no cost.

Is this what the resort charges to recieve a package ? I don't recall being charged 2 years ago...

PS where did you find this info... Thanks

Disney Doll
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
We used USPS and were told we had a package when we checked in. They can retrieve it for you at the front desk when you check in or you can ask to have it delivered by a bellman. We had the unfortunate experience of having the bellman deliver our package to the wrong room (same last name) so I'd pick it up at the desk when you check in just to be safe. :thumbsup:

buzz2001
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Is this what the resort charges to recieve a package ? I don't recall being charged 2 years ago...

PS where did you find this info... ThanksWDW outsourced the operation of their business centers to Ikon in January of 2009. So the charges started then.

Ikon to handle some services for Disney resorts

January 20, 2009

Walt Disney World this month finalized a deal to outsource document- and package-handling in its convention hotels.

Disney's contract with Ikon Office Solutions calls for this Malvern, Pa.-based company to operate business centers and handle packages at Disney's five convention-oriented resorts. The hotels include Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Disney's BoardWalk Inn, and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.

Disney cut 10 jobs as part of the move. Those employees were offered similar positions with Ikon, though an Ikon spokeswoman declined to say if salary and benefit terms were comparable.

Outsourcing is often a thorny issue at Disney, which has built a legendary -- and profitable -- reputation for customer service. But Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said the decision to farm out the business centers to Ikon will ultimately provide guests with a broader range of services than Disney itself had provided, such as the ability to handle larger and more-complex print requests or equipment rentals.

Such services are typically most used by the business travelers who stay at Disney's convention hotels. Prunty said about 3 percent of its hotel guests typically have packages shipped to their resorts, and the "vast majority" of those packages are for guests staying on the property for a convention.

"Obviously, it's not our core business," Prunty said. "So we found a company that was able to provide our guests with a higher level of service in this area."

She declined to say whether Disney will save money as a result of the move. Prunty said only that it "makes sense from a business perspective."

gueli
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
So does this mean just those 5 resorts ???

what about all the others ?

PS Thanks for the info...
:thumbsup:

buzz2001
07-15-2009, 06:24 AM
So does this mean just those 5 resorts ???

what about all the others ?

PS Thanks for the info...
:thumbsup:I believe its just the six WDW convention resorts; CSR, GF, BW, Cont, and the Y&BC.

mouseneer
07-15-2009, 06:43 AM
My wife had a microwave shipped to AllS-S last year. She was hellbent on having one there. Should've seen the looks we got on the train coming home.