PDA

View Full Version : POR or ASMo or POP?

Cookees
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
We are going to stay on property for one night. Day 1: We are going to explore DTD, try to finish the kitchen sink at B&C, and view Wishes from the beaches of the Poly (with some assorted resort hopping and monorail rides thrown in). Day 2: We are going to hit either TL or BB.

My question is which resort should we stay at? We need two rooms and obviously won't be there but only 1 night so the value resort makes the most sense financially. However, since we are going to spend some time at DTD, I thought the boat ride would be nice from POR, and the atmosphere is so relaxing (good for DH). There will be 3 adults and 4 kids (16, 12, 11 and 3).

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tazlikesrobots
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
We just returned from POR and taking the boat to DTD was great. It takes about 25 minutes from POR to DTD but the cruise is very relaxing and in some cases humorous depending on your boat captain. The only hitch may be is that the last boat from DTD leaves at 11 PM, but there is always bus service back to the resort.

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Port Orleans:mickey:

Lizzy
07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I would vote PO-R. The boat ride to DTD is great. Much better than cramming onto a bus after DTD at night with all the other AS crowd (not knocking the AS resorts, just have done this on one occasion to many)

I will always opt for the upgrade where convience is concerned. Plus, even if you are getting two rooms, the PO-R will still be a little more roomy feeling.

If you do decide on the value resort, I would go Movies over POP. I have stayed at all of them and the Movies was my fav, followed by ,Music then POP then Sports.

It'sWDW4me
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
If you can swing the price difference, I'd say definitely POR. If you're staying at a Value - POP is my absolute favorite.

Looking at it in distance - both POR and POP are closer to TL and DTD but are the farthest from BB while ASMo is the closest to BB but pretty far from DTD and TL.

Have a fantastic time!

PirateLover
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
If you don't go with Port Orleans, I would actually go with ASMo... My most recent stay at POP was in late 2007 and I was not as happy as I had been the first time around, but I was very happy with my recent Movies stay. It is right next door to Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon really are not far rides. We went to all of them.

Iteachpc
07-14-2009, 12:32 AM
I've stayed at all three of these resorts.
It's been a while since I stayed at ASMu, but when we did it was for 2 nights only and it was a waterpark trip. It was nice...a bit small (2 adults & 2 teens), but for the little time we were there it was fine.

I love POR. This was our resort of choice for a long time. Bigger rooms, queen size beds, nice food court, quiet pretty resort. Then a couple of years ago I decided to try Pop since I needed to cut down on the trip cost. We LOVED it. This time I'm traveling with 3 teens and they loved Pop the last time and are very happy to stay there again. Of course I wouldn't refuse a free upgrade to a deluxe....LOL!;)

elmjimmlm
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
I vote POR...The boat ride to DtD is great...:number1:

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
....POR is GREAT, one night for the cost difference between the mod and a value, go for it, stay at Riverside ....

...the boat ride is the deal maker, you'll see...

Cookees
07-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone!! I did decide to go with POR. In fact, I just booked the rooms with a pin code and got connecting rooms for $89.00 a night.

I know my husband will love the resort. He has only been to WDW once for 2 days and only to the Magic Kingdom. He doesn't understand my need to see the "World" for a few days during our "beach vacation."

We are going to make a return trip in November for free dining (another pin code). After experiencing a "complete" WDW trip, maybe he'll understand my obsession.

Is it crazy to be excited for only one night's stay, a trip to the water park, a view of wishes, a gi-normous ice cream treat, a boat ride and a few monorail rides? If it is, then call me crazy!!

Thanks again.