PDA

View Full Version : june crowds?

beckylovestink
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
looking to plan a June 2010 trip. How bad are the crowds during mid-end of June? Is June the better time? My options are summer when the kids get out of school. End of june, july, or beginning of august. Any ideas suggestions or advice is welcome!

Strmchsr
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, beginning of August usually has lower crowds because so many schools start back early now. End of June/July are fairly high crowds, but not impossible. August would generally be hotter with peak hurricane season beginning, so that's a trade-off.

MarkC
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Been there during both times. If you can go the first week of June you're probably ok, but the later you can go in August the less crowded it will be. However, anymore all bets are off. The economy, free dining promotions and other variables make it harder to predict. This year early August looks great with the bad economy and free dining starting on 8/16. Next year may be totally different.

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
We were just there in June of this year. We were there from June 8 - June 16 and had a fantastic time. We didn't find the crowds to be bad at all and never had to wait in any really long lines. We got fastpasses where we needed and everything worked out great. The only attraction we waited for was Soarin, but we had a blast in the interactive line. The kids loved waiting as much as they did the ride. We did tend to spend as much time in the parks in the early morning or after dark and spend the middle, hottest part of the day at the resort pool. It was a different kind of WDW vacation for us. We tend to stay from park opening to park closing when we visit in the cooler months, but this was a very enjoyable alternative. The kids really enjoyed all the pool time and it kept everyone from getting to worn out! I would visit again in June if that was my only option.