PDA

View Full Version : Spondylolysis

Dznygrl79
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Help! I fell at work in May and thought I pulled a muscle in my back, long story short its not a muscle I have a bi-lateral pars defect in my L-5. Anyone else dealing with this I don't get in t see my Orthopedist for a few days and I'm freaking. My legs have been numb and giving out on me, but just as important to me....will I ever be able to go on rides at Disney again? Right now I can't bend overwithout shooting pain and I can't lay down comfortably. The doctor gave me some strong pain killers but they put me to sleep. Please anyone with any infromation help.

blondeinbrandon
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
So sorry about your injury! First breathe!
Then hope. I can't give great advise about bouncing back from an injury and riding rides. I have given up most rides at Disney. :(
I am a 41 year old Married Mom of 2 boys and I had a Herniated Disc and now have Degenerated Discs in 4 levels and a dysfunctional SI joint. (and Fibromyalgia yay)
Anyway, the older rides - Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, are horrible on bad backs. New rides that don't jerk too much are okay. But basically I have to make a choice if I want more pain or not. Mostly I bring a book and read on a bench while DH takes the boys on rides. I also spend a lot of time at the resorts while DH takes one child to their favorite park.
I truly hope you can bounce back (nice pun). But don’t rush it and don’t do anything your doc doesn’t want you to do. Also don’t be surprised if the Ortho sends you to a Neurosurgeon.
Good Luck!!!! Hugs!!!
:mickey:

Dznygrl79
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much, I am going to try without surgery first but they can fuse the bones back together if I opt for that. I think I may have to take a break and not go this year :( I will see my Doc on Friday.