PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Free Dining PIN!!!!

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
:yay:I just got an e-mail with PIN # offering free dining for the week we're going down in October!!!! :joy:

It is for stays 8/27/09-9/21/09, 9/29/09-10/1/09 and 11/29/09-12/17/09 or 10/2/09-11/24/09. We're going the last week of Ocotber and have already paid for the dining plan! I'm about to call my travel agent to get my refund!

Yeah!!!

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
How EXCITING!!!!!!!

It'sWDW4me
07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Congrats!! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I got the free dining pin code too, and I used it for our Thanksgiving stay!!! Our dates were different!

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I just called my travel agent. We cancelled our 40% off PIN (which saved us considerably less) and was able to add a day to our stay! With the 5 day instead of 4 day, free dining and everything else the same, we still saved over $400!

Plus, we got a great deal on a 3 day cruise. Upon disembarking our 7 day cruise in February, they offered a $99 per person deal for the Bahama's cruises this fall.

Can't beat these prices!!!

I'm excited!! :clappy:

Wrigley
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
That's great news!:thumbsup: We're heading down Oct 29-Nov 7 and I am so hoping for a deal to come out for those times! I'd love to save a litte money!:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
That's great news!:thumbsup: We're heading down Oct 29-Nov 7 and I am so hoping for a deal to come out for those times! I'd love to save a litte money!:mickey:

See the dates I put in my original post. It includes your times too. I'll keep my fingers crossed you will get an e-mail with the same offer!!

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
We will see you there!!:mickey:

civilmousefan
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
You're not going to believe this - but minutes after instructing my travel agent to add the dining package to my previous reservation - I received the free dining offer. I immediately let my travel agent know and she had them add the free dining to my reservation!! This saved me over $800.00. Many thanks to Debbie at Magical Journeys!

ftwildernesskid
07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Do you have to receive the free dining code to get the free dining, or can anyone get it?

nyobabe2
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Just got mine today for our Thanksgiving trip Nov 21st-28th!!!!

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Do you have to receive the free dining code to get the free dining, or can anyone get it?

You have to receive an e-mail offering it, with a PIN code you give Disney (or your travel agent).

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 06:13 PM
This saved me over $800.00. Many thanks to Debbie at Magical Journeys!

It would have saved us the same, but we added one day to our trip. Our travel agent said with the 2 deals we got, Disney is almost paying us to go! We're so excited! :woohoo:

magicofdisney
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
With the PIN code you received, do you have to do a package (room & tickets) or can you just add it to an existing room only reservation? In other words, do you have to buy a minimum ticket to get the free dining?

Celakip
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
We got the same email today. But we can't use it because DD will still be in school. We need one that covers Thanksgiving week or Christmas week or the week after.:(

goofysbabe
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm hoping to get one, we will be there Oct. 17 thru 23........NEVER have gotten one yet!!!! What is the address the emails come from - just wandering - in case I might have deleted on accident (I doubt, but wishful thinking) Please throw some pixie dust my way :)

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
We got the same email today. But we can't use it because DD will still be in school. We need one that covers Thanksgiving week or Christmas week or the week after.:(

Ours ended right before Thanksgiving, but they plugged in the additional Thanksgiving dates anyway, and the code was accepted throughout our whole stay, since we arrive during a date listed on the postcard. Good news!

swampfox28
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Awesome - congrats!!! :thumbsup:

ransam
07-14-2009, 12:36 AM
very happy for you!!!
NOW where the heck is mine???? hahahaha

mickeys_princess_mom
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Glad for you, too. Now I'm watching that computer!....;)

DisneyFr33k
07-14-2009, 01:01 PM
With the PIN code you received, do you have to do a package (room & tickets) or can you just add it to an existing room only reservation? In other words, do you have to buy a minimum ticket to get the free dining?

Just a minimum 4 nights at a value resort. We already had a 4 night package with base tickets and paid extra hotel rate to come a day early (not part of the 40% PIN deal we got in March when we made the ressie). Now with this deal, we coverted to a 5 night deal since it is free dining (and lost the 40% off deal - no biggie, better deal with the dining) and still saved $400!

DisneyFr33k
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping to get one, we will be there Oct. 17 thru 23........NEVER have gotten one yet!!!! What is the address the emails come from - just wandering - in case I might have deleted on accident (I doubt, but wishful thinking) Please throw some pixie dust my way :)

It's unmistakeably from Disney. The subject line was something like "A disney deal you can really sink your teeth into". At the top of the e-mail, it stated our family name and then the offer.

Rayadragon
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Just a minimum 4 nights at a value resort. We already had a 4 night package with base tickets and paid extra hotel rate to come a day early (not part of the 40% PIN deal we got in March when we made the ressie). Now with this deal, we coverted to a 5 night deal since it is free dining (and lost the 40% off deal - no biggie, better deal with the dining) and still saved $400!

Huh, I was under the impression you had to buy at least a one day ticket in order to get the free dinning.

We just got our PIN code yesterday! My dad had been eagerly waiting for mom to say that we had gotten one (family of 4 adults going). He booked as soon as he found out. The best part is, I'll be there for my birthday :party:

DisneyFr33k
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Huh, I was under the impression you had to buy at least a one day ticket in order to get the free dinning.

We just got our PIN code yesterday! My dad had been eagerly waiting for mom to say that we had gotten one (family of 4 adults going). He booked as soon as he found out. The best part is, I'll be there for my birthday :party:

You could be right. I don't know. We purchased 5 days in the park, so it's covered. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression.

AdventurerKim
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
We're getting the free dining Thanksgiving week thanks to a postcard my DH received, but it's only good on three rooms; we're traveling with four so I'm hoping to get a code for free dining for our 4th room! :mickey: With the code we got, it was a package deal--room and tickets to get the free dining.

Belster
07-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I am going the same week and would love a free dining pin!!!

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Congratulations!! :mickey:

We got that PIN too, but we can't afford to go back until next year. :( Just got back in May though, so I shouldn't complain. :blush:

ransam
07-15-2009, 01:28 AM
ask and you shall receive!!!!
we got a pin number today...applied it to our existing reservation, and away we go!!!!

DisneyFr33k
07-15-2009, 05:08 AM
ask and you shall receive!!!!
we got a pin number today...applied it to our existing reservation, and away we go!!!!

:congrats:

PixieMagic
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I just got this PIN as well and I am tempted to book a second trip!

Ltmoko
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I would love a free dining pin...I keep looking and calling....keeping my fingers crossed.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Got mine today--keep hoping!

A&M'sMommy
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm hoping new ones roll around for early February 2010..one can hope, right? :)

swampfox28
07-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Don't know if I can use it, but got one today (YAY!)

Keep looking, everyone - you could still get one!

(my fingers are crossed for those that could use one!!)

-Sarah:mickey:

mouseneer
07-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Wow Mouseketeer Mom, you got one for Thanksgiving !!! Lucky lucky lucky!!!!

mouseneer
07-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Can you get a free dining PIN if you book through a travel agent ?

Carolanne
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
:pixie: (anxiously awaiting a free dining PIN in my inbox). I'm hoping that I get a free dining PIN--DH & I will be in WDW at POFQ 11/15 to 11/20. We already purchased the dining plan for the trip. The PIN would be sweet, but no big whoop if I don't get it. I'm already enjoying the free dining offer in Sept with my mom :mickey:

dog-ears
07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm glad I read this thread - I had the email in my trash folder! Now we'll see if this works for our situation ..... fingers crossed! :tink:

Dsnygirl
07-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Have most of you that rec'd PIN's booked through Walt Disney Reservations, or through other travel agents? I'm wondering if that might be the last piece of the puzzle... I am registered on every Disney site there is, have an AP that is registered, have requested maps, vacation planning DVD's, you name it... have never gotten a single e-mail from Disney. I find it so odd that so many get multiple PIN's, and some get nothing! Oh well... still keeping fingers crossed.... :fingers:

Carolanne
07-19-2009, 07:56 PM
SQUEEEEEEEE! I got my PIN :cloud9: !

I checked my emails & could not find it at all--wondering if I deleted it without realizing what it was. I did the Disney's Live Chat--that CM couldn't help me, but told me to call CM Chat. That CM...ugh, very rude--he told me that if I deleted the email, "oh well, that's sent from Disney marketing, there's no way for me to research that, so I guess you're out of luck." I then called the Disney Travel number and she couldn't have been more helpful--she gave me my PIN and I've already emailed it to Denise at MJ. DH is VERY happy!

Those of you who were told by a CM that they can't look it up for you--keep trying!

gueli
07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Have most of you that rec'd PIN's booked through Walt Disney Reservations, or through other travel agents? I'm wondering if that might be the last piece of the puzzle... I am registered on every Disney site there is, have an AP that is registered, have requested maps, vacation planning DVD's, you name it... have never gotten a single e-mail from Disney. I find it so odd that so many get multiple PIN's, and some get nothing! Oh well... still keeping fingers crossed.... :fingers:

My DW got the dinning pin b-4 I did...last trip (2 years ago) we went through AAA, this time we booked with Majical Journeys (Thank you Kathy)- I just got mine this weekend (7-19) and Majical Journey's was able to add it to our existing ressie.:cloud9:
We are so HAPPY :thumbsup:

For those of you who haven't gotten them, they might still be on their way- its also possible that they will open up the free dinning promo to all after august (Hey I can hope for the rest of you). Good luck.

:mickey:

Genie1953
07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I have been reading all the posts to this message and have a few questions I hope you all can help me with.

1) Does anyone know how it is that they choose who to send the pins to? I am registered on just about every Disney website I can think of, have a Disney VISA, have ordered the Disney planning DVD's etc. I am on multiple Disney Mail Groups...even had to set up a separate folder in outlook to keep them separated from the other emails. Even with all this I have never received a pin.

2) I saw that someone had called and got a pin. Another person suggested that people keep calling about getting a pin. Has this been successful for others?

3) Do they offer the pins just at certain times of the year? We are going next April for our 30th anniversary. Has anyone ever received a pin for that timeframe?

Carolanne
07-19-2009, 09:22 PM
2) I saw that someone had called and got a pin. Another person suggested that people keep calling about getting a pin. Has this been successful for others?

When dealing with each of the CM's, I pre-faced by saying that I might have received the email & deleted it accidentally & asked if there was any way to find out if I was in fact sent the email. The last CM I spoke to was able to see that an email was in fact sent to me, and then I asked her if she was allowed to give me the PIN, which she said she was and she did.

It is very possible that not all of the offers have gone out yet. Maybe they're staggering the offers? It doesn't seem like everyone got them on the same day.

I do get a lot of Disney-related emails, that I either don't read thoroughly or not at all and then delete. Lesson learned!

tnpoohbear
07-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I got one too! I am so excited because it is for a time in mid October when we can go. I am booking it this week!!!!!:mickey:

Belster
07-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Sure enough after I posted here a few days ago I also got the pin through email....but this was after I called and was told that there was a pin attached to my family information. It paid to call!!!

We also were on a 40% off pin but switched to free dining and save another 400.00...wooohooo!!!!

Dsnygirl
07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, I guess I'll try to call again tomorrow... the last time I called, I was told they couldn't tell me if there was a PIN attached to our name, even if it was there. :confused: Maybe different CM's have different ideas of what's allowed to be told to you?? Anyway, I'll try again... you never know! ;)

dmerchant
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Good for you!!!! We need one for beginning of October.:cool:

firemanslady09
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
We too got this pin, we are headed down Nov 30th thru Dec 6th. It will be our first trip during holiday time. In the past we have always gone in February. I can't wait. This will be the kids 4th trip. Usually I don't care for snow, but the idea of snow on Main St. is exciting.