PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary (Monorail level?)

daisyhead
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I have tried to find this info, but what level is the Monorail Station on in the Contemporary? Is there a walkway to get to either side of the A-Frame or do you have to take the elevator down to the bottom then cross over?

Thanks!

wdwfansince75
07-13-2009, 12:51 PM
The Monorail is on the 5th level....the Concourse (with Chef Mickey's, the new Grab and Go, the game room, and the shops, is the fourth level, with an escalator, and a dedicated elevator, up to the Monorail station....the elevators empty out to a bridge on each floor. The bridge takes you to either side, so you can walk from MK view to Bay Lake view on each floor, by using the elevator lobby/bridge.

daisyhead
07-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you so much. I was trying to wrap my brain around how it's laid out and couldn't understand. Your description was perfect! Now I just want to go and see it in person.... lol :mickey:

GhostHost999
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Love the Contemporary...love how it's laid out...if you stay in the tower,everything is centralized. Yeah it does not sound like much but come those late night sweaty/chafing hours it comes in very handy. :cool:

daisyhead
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
So when you enter the hotel, you are on the 4th floor, or is the lobby on the first, then you go up to get to to all of the shops/dining?

We decided to spring for a tower room and I'm so excited I can't stand it... EVERYTIME the monorail would pass over Chef Mickey's, I'd dream of staying there!

Are there any certain rooms we should request or does it really even matter!?!?!

daisyhead
07-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry for the silly questions, just found a resort map... I get it now! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help everyone!