PDA

View Full Version : Cape May character breakfast ??'s

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I just booked this for our last morning on October 2. I think I got the last breakfast time at 10:50AM. DO people like this? We dont fly out until 5pm, so I thought we could sleep in a little; pack up at the POP, leave our carry on stuff with Bell services, bus over to EPCOT and take the boat to Beach club... (Can someone tell me if that is the best way to get there from Pop for an ADR at that time? Or would it be just as easty to walk from Epcot?

We have never done a character breakfast before (only dinners) but I thought this might be a nice way to end our vaca... then we can head back via EPCOT and be ready for Magic Express to take us back to MCO.

Would this be giving us enough time to catch Magic Express? Have I used my quota of allowable questions in a post?

Madame Leona
07-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I could be wrong but I think it would be easier to take the bus to Hollywood Studios then catch the boat from there. If you take the bus to EPCOT, you actually have to go back to the world showcase to catch the boat. Please correct me if I am wrong because we are planning on doing the same thing in September. I think you are allowing enough time for M.E. if you are leaving at 5, they should be picking you up around 2.

swampfox28
07-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Good question on how long/best way to get there. I'm not sure.

Cape May breakfast was the first character meal we ever did as a family and it was so nice!
The hotel is **GEORGOUS** and the breakfast was VERY yummy.

Compared to some other experiences we had, it was one of our favorites as there is a laid-back, beach theme and it's not crowded and overwhelming compared to other character meals.

As for the Magical Express, you will likely leave the hotel you stayed at around 3 hours before your flight.

I hope this helped some! I won't have the best answers, but I'm happy to try to help. :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I could be wrong but I think it would be easier to take the bus to Hollywood Studios then catch the boat from there. If you take the bus to EPCOT, you actually have to go back to the world showcase to catch the boat. Please correct me if I am wrong because we are planning on doing the same thing in September.

Definitely easier to go to the Studios and boat over to Beach Club from there. You'd have to walk from the front of Epcot through the back to the countries. You'd have to go through the turnstiles with a ticket just to walk to the back.Once you've gone that far you might as well walk on to Beach Club. It's quicker than taking the boat, because the boat would take you past the BC lobby where you need to be. DHS to the boat to BC is MUCH easier, and it doesn't involve admission to a park. ; )

From the dock at Beach Club you have to go to the right and walk past the pool; turn left and walk down the sidewalk and up the steps to the Beach Club lobby. When you walk into the lobby you'll see the bank of windows & doors that overlook the pool area. Look to the right of those and you'll see Cape May tucked over to the side.

We stayed at BCV in May and went to the character breakfast there for the first time (we love the seafood dinner buffet there but had never tried breakfast). It was great. We had an awesome server who was very attentive to my children; I'm blanking on her name, but she was so sweet. Minnie, Goofy and Donald are there and they're all dressed in their "beachwear" which is cute. We had a great time and would love to do this breakfast again.

swampfox28
07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Besides Minnie, Goofy, and Donald, we saw Mickey and Chip and Dale, too!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks! So how do I get to the boat aftre the bus drops us off at DHS? Is it clearly marked?

DizneyRox
07-12-2009, 08:36 PM
You might like the walk form MGM over to BC. It's quicker and it'll help work off the upcoming breakfast calories...

It's an OK breakfast, nothing special in terms of food. A little more variety in the danish department than places like Ohana, and it's the same food.

The characters are really great, they seem to work the room well and it's possible to get a couple visits there.

BC is a great resort, one of my favorites.

Basket Mommy
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks! So how do I get to the boat aftre the bus drops us off at DHS? Is it clearly marked?

Look over to the right where the water is. You'll see the canopied dock. There's a path to get there. The boat will stop @ Swan & Dolphin and Boardwalk first (I *think* it stops @ BW), so allow about 20 minutes for the boat ride just to be safe.