PDA

View Full Version : Ohana and Wishes

Guya103
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
This August we will be dining at Ohana's for my older brothers birthday. Our reservation is for
9:55pm. We have a group of 8, and I was just wondering if you think that it would be possible for us to view Wishes while eating? Thanks!:mickey:

DVC2004
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Does Wishes start at 10pm when you go? Yes, you'll be able to see them. I would recommed coming a little earlier and maybe your table will be ready. They will lower the lights and pipe in the music and narrative.

Guya103
07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Wonderful!! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
It truly is a great experience to see it from the dining area. Have a great time. It makes it so much better.

IloveDisney71
07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I've eaten at Ohana several times and there are some tables where you cannot see the fireworks. I've been lucky enough to be seated where I could see them twice, but one time we were not anywhere near the windows. We have also watched Wishes from the beach at the Poly.

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
My only concern would be having your reservation so close to the time Wishes will be shown, if its shown at 10 that night. We've never been seated within 5 minutes of arriving, but perhaps because your ADR is so late you won't have to wait very long. Or like another poster noted arriving early may get you seated a bit earlier. We've been lucky enough to watch Wishes from Ohana's countless times and it is very enjoyable. Our ADRs were typically an hour prior to Wishes and we were still seated when Wishes started. We've also watched from the beach and that was very fun to do as well. Good luck.

Disney Doll
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'd worry that if Wishes is at 10:00 you might still be waiting for a table when it starts. I think a lot of earlier ressies hang out and linger over dessert when Wishes is about to start so they can catch the show. Also, there is no way to guarantee a table with a view of the windows...I don't mean a window table, but just a table where the windows are even visible. I'd try to move up your ressie to maximize your chances. Good luck!