PDA

View Full Version : New DVC member with a question

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I just bought into the Animal Kingdom Villas here last week. I am trying to do some planning for our upcoming trip. When it comes to buying park tickets I cannot decide what I want to do. What do you all usually do for park tickets? Is it better to buy the annual pass or buy the park tickets at normal price. We were only planning on 5 days in the parks for this trip. Also is it worth using the dining discounts provided or is it better to just get the dining plan? Thanks!:mickey:

chaodj9
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I just bought into the Animal Kingdom Villas here last week. I am trying to do some planning for our upcoming trip. When it comes to buying park tickets I cannot decide what I want to do. What do you all usually do for park tickets? Is it better to buy the annual pass or buy the park tickets at normal price. We were only planning on 5 days in the parks for this trip. Also is it worth using the dining discounts provided or is it better to just get the dining plan? Thanks!:mickey:

well if your not planning to go back within the same year get the normal tickets

also the dining choice is up to you if you have kids and theyre mostly under the age ten then its definetly worth getting the dining plan(espescially if they eat well) Also if you wanna do character meals definetly do the dining plan its up to you though.

chefmickey3
07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
If you are going to go back within a year, I would buy annual passes. We went for 10 days last August and are going for a week in two weeks. We bought AP and more than got our monies worth.

For us (DS 7,5,3) we like to use the Tables of Wonderland card over the DDP. We eat what we want (eg appitizer no dessert) and don't feel bad about not wanting something included on the plan. We also feel that we save more money not on the DDP - we can't possibly eat as much food as is included, so we are paying for food that we don't want. I hope this makes sense!

jensantuit
07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
We bought annual passes with the DVC discount this year because we are planning on going to Disney twice this year. We priced it out both ways and it was cheaper for us to go ahead and buy the passes.
In regards to the dinning plan, this is the first year we are not doing the dining plan because when we called 90 days out we were only able to get 3 of our reservations we wanted. I am going to also look into the Tables in Wonderland and see if that would be helpful to us.

candleshoe
07-30-2009, 01:47 PM
You don't have to make your decision until your last day of vacation- they will upgrade your park pass to an annual pass if you decide you are coming back within a year. Definitely annual pass especially with the DVC discount if you are coming back within th eyear.

We're dining plan people- we come out way ahead of it with 3 boys. I am concerned about the rumbings I've heard from a few friends and on this post about reservations getting harder to come by even when calling exactly 90 days out... Not sure how tables in wonderland is going to solve that problem though...