PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Annual Passes?

Figment78
07-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I know you can buy Annual Passes at downtown disney and Magic Kingdom and Epcot main entrance, but can you buy APs at Epcot's International Gateway entrance? What about DHS? Can you buy them at the resorts?

Also, can you use your disney rewards card at any of those locations to purchase APs?

TIA!

BluewaterBrad
07-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I dont know about the resorts, but I know you can get them at those other locations.:mickey:

disneyfan56
07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Just this past September we were able to buy out Annual passes at Epcot's International gateway. There's a little booth there.

JPL
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Just another tip you can purchase the voucher online and it will not be activated until you turn it in at one of the locations listed above. I noticed your next trip is scheduled in December so it might be smarter to buy it in advance since there are rumours ticket prices are going up in August.

kakn7294
07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't buy at the resorts. I did as JPL suggested and purchased online then took the voucher to the ticket window to exchange for our actual passes. It was a quick and easy process.

faline
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I've always purchased our annual passes prior to our arrival. Last year, when I ordered our annual passes, I was able to use reward dollars to fund the cost of most of one of them. I simply called Disney, ordered the pass, provided the Reward Card information, and then used a credit card to pay the remainder of the balance.

As Jeff has noted, your year does not begin until you go to a park entrance (Guest Services) and exchange your voucher for the actual annual pass. At that point, your annual pass is activated and you have one year from that point to continue to use it.

This is not true if you are renewing an existing annual pass. In that case, your year begins with the expiration date of your old pass.

Figment78
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Can you purchase online using your rewards dollars? Do you have to have your rewards card in hand to do so? (I think it takes a few weeks to receive the card in the mail, right?) Ditto on calling disney? And if I call Disney, do they send me a voucher in the mail, or do i get it when I arrive? If mailed, I assume it would take a few weeks? Sorry for so many questions! Just trying to understand and plan....

Historically, I have purchased the voucher in advance (from the Disney Store) and activated it when we got there. Would love to do that again to avoid the ticket price increase....

Does anyone know if they still sell them at Disney Stores? And can I use my rewards card to purchase them there?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, you can use your rewards card. We bought a couple of passes with our rewards. You need to have the rewards card in hand, so order it soon (if prices are infact going up in August).

If you order it in advance, you can get the voucher, or even do will call. I would do will call, that way you won't possibly lose the voucher. They charge shipping on the voucher so you'll save a little cash too.