PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe

ASweetLov
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM
My fiance and I are planning on making an ADR to Rainforest Cafe in DTD. How would you rate it? Is the food good? whats some food you recommend. It seams like a fun place to eat, I don't mind the noise.

ransam
07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
never been to the one in Disney, but we use to have one in Kansas city. it was cool...the atomsphere was better t han the food...the food wasn't bad, but to me it was just typical bar food.

dmosher
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Honestly, it is like any other RFC in the world. Not great but OK. Is it worth the $$, well that is subjective. We went and the food was OK, again not great just OK (not counting the desert). Most people go for the typical RFC atmosphere and it was on par with any other RFC. The service was lacking but that could have been any time/place a wait staff had a bad day. It was however VERY loud so having a dinner that allowed for conversation was pretty much out. Personally, if I were going to spring for the dinner anyway, I would try to get reservations at T-Rex. Same loud wild atmosphere, but something a little different. Either way you will have a great trip!
:pipes:
D

LibertyTreeGal
07-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Not worth it, IMO. Food was just okay.

brownie
07-12-2009, 10:45 AM
The food is okay, and the animatronics are a bit disappointing after you've been to a Disney park. We have one near us at home, so we generally don't bother with going to it at Walt Disney World.

mainemajor
07-12-2009, 11:08 AM
It's ok. If you have never been to a Rain Forest before then you should go at least once. There are a lot of other places I prefer to eat at.

chaodj9
07-12-2009, 11:46 AM
My fiance and I are planning on making an ADR to Rainforest Cafe in DTD. How would you rate it? Is the food good? whats some food you recommend. It seams like a fun place to eat, I don't mind the noise.

BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN, ITS MY FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT and the Atmosphere is great (its just like any other rainforest cafe)
(the one at animal kingdom is less crowded; but if your making reservations you dont have to worry about it)

Goofy4TheWorld
07-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't forget that ADRs for Rainforest are made via their own telephone number, not the WDW dinning number.

We always eat at Rainforest, we like the atmosphere (and with a 2 1/2 year old we will like that he is not the only noise-maker) and I like that if I want to get something of a Disney fix while I am at home, I can drive up to Nashville and eat at the one there and pretend I am at WDW. :)

forever a child
07-12-2009, 04:37 PM
We have eaten at the location outside of AK. Like others have said, if you have never been to one before it is worth going. But the food is overpriced and average.

We just got back from a trip from Nashville, TN and ate at the "Aquarium Restaurant" in Opryland which is a themed restaurant managed by the same company as Rainforest Cafe. It was the same...atmosphere was fun (for one time only). But food was a big let down!:(

LauraByTheSea
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I go to the one in DTD everytime we go, but as others have said, it's just ok... I kind of go out of tradition now. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I know there's better out there. I always get the Rasta Pasta too... THAT is good... If you drink (adult bevs), I'd suggest staying away from the flashy cups. Like everything else, they are expensive for a drink you can just get in a glass. I think we paid close to $20 last year for one and the cup has been in the cupboard ever since! :)

Camping Mom
07-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Not eaten at the one in DW but have eaten at one at Disneyland and in Grapevine, TX. Disneyland took over an hour to get our food and we had been up for about 18 hours at that point so we were tired and hungry. Food was just ok and don't know that I will ever go back. Same with Grapevine. If you have young children they will enjoy the atmosphere.

steamboat willy
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Hummm......we ENJOY Rainforest Cafe'. We don't get to go that often and there's not one anywhere near where we live so it's on our to-do list while at Disney.
We share the MoJo Triple Sampler something and it feeds us both. Ribs, Shrimp and Chicken I think? Appitizers are also good.
Also, I think I made our ADR on the new On-Line reservation through the Disney's Site. It is on there under Downtown Disney.
Enjoy!:thumbsup: