PDA

View Full Version : A new "gift" with purchase question

AuntKari
07-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I read the post about a "gift" option with purchases. Can anyone tell me if this is available at The World of Disney in DD, how much you think you have to spend to get the option, and if you spend double or triple that amount do you get the opportunity to buy 2 or 3 "gifts"? We are getting closer to our trip. Once again, can't thank you all enough for your assistance! Aunt Kari

faline
07-11-2009, 07:37 PM
On our last several trips, Disney has had some sort of offer for "free" or for a nominal fee if you spend "x" amount of dollars. I've seen a picture frame (which we actually got), a throw, and a carry-all bag if I remember correctly. I suppose you would qualify for it several times if you limit your purchases to the amount required and then have a separate purchase for the amount that qualifies again.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
There were tons of offers like that on our last trip. There were rolling duffel bags, throws and frames, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some!

On our trip in 2008, we spend quite a bit in MouseGears, and they let us buy 2 of the "gifts" within the single purchase. I'm not sure if this was just a nice CM, or if it is always like that.

buzznwoodysmom
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
When we were there in June we saw the throw, tote bag, duffel bag, a watch and probably a few other things offered as the promotional "gift". In some cases you had to spend as little as $30 and then you could buy the "gift" for $10. I think this was for the tote bag. My mom purchased it and it was at the World of Disney store at DTD.

pink
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
In March in Hollywood Studios one of the "gifts" with a purchase was a watch or a blanket but in order to get the "gifts" you had to spend a certain amount and then pay $10 on top of that. :mickey:

DANAM
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I brought home 3 of the castle pictures a couple years back. I don't remember how much I had to spend but as long as you meet that amount times how many gifts you wanted to purchase you could do it all in the same transaction. They made nice gifts to bring home to relatives.

hokies4life
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
We got one of the throws last time and then almost got a watch until I saw how big the face of it was. Not something I would wear. I wish we had gotten the duffel, maybe something like that will be avaliable in August again.

We found that we would go around and figure out how much things totaled in that store to see if we would be able to qualify for the gift. If we didn't and we could get the things somewhere else, we would just wait to get it somewhere with some other things so we could get the gift.

:chipdale: