PDA

View Full Version : Enough variety on just the 2 Quick Service Plan?

Minniefan68
07-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi,

We were wondering for our trip in November if we should forego the regular dining plan and try the 2 Quick Service Plan? We are only going for 5 days and 4 nights, 3 adults, 4 children under 9.

While we've always enjoyed the regular plan, we are alway SO stuffed and eat way too much. Plus since this is a short trip, we don't want to take too much time away from the parks or the pool.

Can anyone tell me if we have enough variety on the 2 QS plan? I can't eat hot dogs, hamburgers and sandwiches everyday, and I think the kids will go crazy if they have chicken nuggets every day.

Thanks!

HoosierDisneyFan
07-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Though I have not used the CS Plan, I was considering for a planned 2010 trip. I would suggest it will take some planning (to avoid hamburgers ever meal). Also the Kids Menu options are limited so I would suggest reviewing the CS options at each park. If you just stop and eat when you are hungery, you mind find Hamburgers & chicken nuggets are you only option. I would review dinning options (very good options in EPCOT for example) know beforehand which CS resturants have alternative items.

sassafras
07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I know there are some places, like the food court at POR,where you can get roast chicken and mashed potatoes on the counter service plan. You can get Chinese food such as shrimp fried rice or orange chicken and rice at the Lotus Blossom at Epcot. If I were you, I would look over the menus section for the resorts and parks on Intercot. I've always had good luck finding information I need there.;)

DANAM
07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I have been slammed before for saying I can't eat hamburgers, hotdogs and sandwich for our entire trip. Although, I admit there are some great CS choice out there but for my family I don't think we could go 7, 8 or 10 days eating at those couple of good CS's out there. BUT for 5 days I bet you could do it. I suggest checking out the food photos on this site along with the CS menus.

I have been researching some CS for our 10 day trip in Dec. some of the better one's I have found are the following:
Both the Contempo and Poly hotels (sorry can't think of the names of some of them)
Wilderness Lodge
Wolf Gang Puck Express
Sunshine Seasons
Yak and Yeti
Flame Tree
Most of WS in Epcot depends on what your into
Just to name a few to get you started.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2009, 06:53 PM
We've always done the regular or deluxe dining plan (the deluxe was *way* too much food), but we've been pleasantly surprised about the CS options.

The resort food courts are a great choice. We ate CS at POFQ 3 times our last trip, and never had the "usual" CS fare. Sunshine Seasons at Epcot was also yummy, as was Cosmic Ray's at MK.

You could do the QS plan, and pay OOP for a special meal during the trip.

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
i was really young when my family did the 2 quick service plan but all i ate was chicken nuggets so i was happy but i dont think it offers much variety.:pizza:

Next time we might do CS as far as i know:eat:

omearac
07-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I know that WDW has LOTS of great options for things on the CS, but even so, it is still fast food and I positively can not eat fast food all day for 6 or 7 or more days. Yuch:ack:

Boo'sMom
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I believe you can use two table service options for some of the more expensive venues like a character dining. Does anyone know if you can use two quick service for a table service?

daisyhead
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I think it would be perfect!

One of my favorite CS is Toy Story Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios. You get pizza, salad, dessert, and a drink. It's a nice break for kiddos from the chicken/fries combo!