PDA

View Full Version : Shipping down luggage?

Chernabog1326
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I am only 3 weeks away from my trip do WDW. My wife and I are discussing wether or no to ship down some clothes via UPS, FedEx or US mail. The reasoning behind thi is we are going to Clearwater for three days prior to Disney, and we will be driving a VW Passat for the 3000 mile round trip. I don't really want to cram everything into the trunk, and my wife doesn't want to do laundry mid-week. Plus I want to leave room for some Blenhiem's Ginger Ale on the return trip (Those of you from the southeast know what I am talking about) wich we will buy at South of the Border. Has any one ever done this, and what are your thoughts.....good or bad?

gueli
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I have shipped stuff other than clothes. It works great !
Will it work for you on the return trip ?
I have never shipped anything back...
:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I've heard good things about shipping stuff to resorts. Haven't done it myself -- but have heard in general to send about 5 days before and label well ("hold for Mr. and Mrs. X, arriving 8/6/09").

We will be leaving CT for Tampa on Aug 6th... then after visiting relatives (and the Gulf beaches...) we'll be off to Disney on the 10th! Have a great time!

Kathy

Chernabog1326
07-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I've heard good things about shipping stuff to resorts. Haven't done it myself -- but have heard in general to send about 5 days before and label well ("hold for Mr. and Mrs. X, arriving 8/6/09").

We will be leaving CT for Tampa on Aug 6th... then after visiting relatives (and the Gulf beaches...) we'll be off to Disney on the 10th! Have a great time!

Kathy

We'll be there 8/4- 8/12. Look for us! lol

teambricker04
07-13-2009, 12:23 AM
We generally send at least one box down! Usually full of things we won't need to bring back like snacks, pool stuff, and diapers. Works like a charm! When we stayed at BC our two large boxes were in our room before our luggage which was transferred from an AS. Just keep in mind that some of the hotels (if not all??? Don't quote me) charge for sending boxes. Worth every penny, if you ask me!