PDA

View Full Version : AP's

Grumpy Grandpa
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Any one know if annual passes can be purchased on site or do they have to be purchased in advance? Also, is there a price difference?

DizneyRox
07-11-2009, 03:28 PM
They can be purchased on site, or in advance. You can't get vouchers on site (last I checked), only activated APs.

There is no price difference if purchased in advance. Only discounts I know of are CM and DVC. Military might get one as well, but I'm not sure.

magicofdisney
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I think that AAA members may also get a discount on APs.

estein80
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
There is also a discount for FL residents.

BluewaterBrad
07-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Yup, both in advance and online.:mickey:

Disney_Barbie
07-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I think that AAA members may also get a discount on APs.

Oooo, that would be nice! Can anyone either confirm or deny this?
And if confirming can you give more info : IE - the amount of the discount, and where they need to be purcahsed (at your local AAA or at the Disney gate w/ yoru AAA card)
THANKS!!!

DizneyRox
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
If there are AAA discounts on APs that's news to me. I've been getting APs for some 12 years now and haven't run across this. I'm a DVC member though so I haven't checked with AAA in a few years.

magicofdisney
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Oooo, that would be nice! Can anyone either confirm or deny this?
And if confirming can you give more info : IE - the amount of the discount, and where they need to be purcahsed (at your local AAA or at the Disney gate w/ yoru AAA card)
THANKS!!!
The only thing I can confirm is that my aunt is a member of AAA, get a newsletter from them in the mail and it has information in there about APs for Disney. Now, we're FL residents so I can't confirm whether this is a benefit for us only or nationwide.

I also know that she has to go through her local AAA office to get this discount.

Captain_Nemo
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
yup but if I remember right the FL resident AP's have black out dates. Mostly holidays and stuff. I flew down and got mine right in Epcot it was like $420 at the time w/ park hopper option. Was nice to have right before it expired EE opened for passholders only :) went on it atleast 10 times that day. So it has its nice little perks, the discounts are nothing special. I was going for the day twice a week! lol free flights for workin for the airlines at the time was a nice little perk! going to wdw in the morning staying all day then being home in your own bed that night every week was a weird expeirence.

Brer Mickey
07-13-2009, 07:20 PM
While AAA does offer discounts on several WDW packages and/or multi-day passes, there are currently no discounts for AP purchases.

DizneyRox
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I flew down and got mine right in Epcot it was like $420 at the time w/ park hopper option.
Park Hopping is included with the AP, it's not an option. I hope they didn't charge you extra for that. Maybe you mean Water Park, which would make this an Premium Annual Pass.

The normal Annual Pass includes just the 4 major theme parks.

magicofdisney
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
yup but if I remember right the FL resident AP's have black out dates.
The FL resident seasonal pass has black-out days. Many refer to the seasonal pass as an AP even though, technically it is not that. The only difference (besides black-out days) between the AP and the seasonal pass is the AP offers free parking. All other benefits are the same.

hokies4life
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep, there are military discounts for APs as well but you have to purchase the voucher from Shades of Green and then go activate it like you would any other voucher. This is what we did in April and with the discount the price for our APs was the price for a renewal purchased directly from disney. I don't believe you can get a military discount on an AP renewal though.

:chipdale: