PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach--Oldest son just back

KatMark
07-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Our oldest son (age 23) went to Disney with the baseball team he coaches for a tournament. They had a choice of All-Star Sports or the CBR; they chose the CBR because his girlfriend wanted the "beach feel" since she was going to be with all guys. Here are their thoughts as they told me last night:

Room -- They were in Barbados 13; size was fine as it was just three of them in the room (Andy, Nicole and one of the ballplayers); the room was very clean; they ran out of toiletries one day and towels one day, but a quick phone call took care of that; a little tight in bed...but Andy is a bed hog.

Food Court -- Okay; standard fast food; they actually liked the food better at the All-Stars when they went over to see some of the other team members. They had one rude CM, but it was very crowded that day and they didn't let it bother them.

Resort -- grounds were clean; saw some peeling paint in a few spots, but nothing major; walking from Barbados to the food court or the pool did not bother them-- they did not find it that long of a walk at all.

Quiet pool -- awesome; they mainly had it themselves every time they went to it; they also enjoyed the hot tub.

Main pool -- great for little kids and pre-teens; the boys kind of got bored with it being that they are 13 and 14 year olds, so they went to the water parks two days; overall, they thought the design was really neat.

They also enjoyed relaxing in the hammocks and having a tropical drink from the pool bar.

So overall, they really enjoyed their stay at the CBR. I asked our son if he would stay at the CBR again. He said it would not bother him to stay there again, but he did prefer Coronado for the Pepper Market, would have liked the queen beds, the fitness center and he just thought the CSR was a prettier resort, especially at night. He'd really like to try the Beach Club one day as well.

BluewaterBrad
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

KatMark
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
:secret: You found me. :D

How many more days until you are back at CBR?

ransam
07-23-2009, 06:39 PM
glad they had fun...
we were going to stay there this year, but figure we're never at our hotels anyway, so decided to stay w/ the value!

KatMark
07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks. They really did have a good time. My son is very glad they did this trip for their last year together (all the boys now go off to high school). They had a choice between All-Star Sports and the CBR. Son's girlfriend picked the CBR which was okay with our son--we did the values once, but we just weren't crazy about them. Nothing wrong with them...but we spend a lot of time at the resort on our trips and we like the moderates better for that purpose.

KatMark
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Just 12 until we start the drive and just 13 until we check in! I ran into a bit of a problem yesterday. I had two ladies who were supposed to fill in for me. One of them was a "back up". Both were on go and then I get a call yesterday that NEITHER one can fill in for me. I have less than two weeks to go and I'm scrambling around for somebody. Ugh! I don't need this stress right now.

Oh no! I hope you get it all straightened out before your trip. I know how much you've been looking forward to it. Keep me posted.