PDA

View Full Version : Park hours ?

elmjimmlm
07-11-2009, 11:58 AM
The week in August that we are going to be there, AK is only open until 6pm every evening...The other parks aren't open as late as they have been in the past either...I know the economy is a factor but this will be the 1st week of free dining and I just wonder if they will extend the hours? I can't see the parks closing as early as they are stated...It doesn't even seem that late even with EMH...:confused:

DizneyRox
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
6pm is actually fairly late for AK, considering... It closes much earlier than the rest, mostly due to the animals, etc. It takes an average of 3 hours to get the animlas back to the barns.

Cutbacks not only include dining options, etc, but also park hours. I have found though, it generally levels itself out. In the summer when parks are open till 10, you have sometimes 2-3 hours wiats for some attractions. In the slower months, shorter hours and usually shorter lines. It's a wash...

Shorter hours also mean more time can be spent at DTD spending money!

elmjimmlm
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
MK is only open until 10pm every night and HS is open until either 7 or 9pm...I was looking back at last year at this time and the hours were MK closing at either 11pm or 12am, HS either 9 or 10pm and AK was either 7,8 or 9pm...

TheRustyScupper
07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
1) Park hours are not influenced by Free DDP.
2) There s no connection.
3) Park hours are based upon attendance levels.
4) Which may or may not go up during Free DDP.
5) As I view the schedule, the hours are aready extended. *
6) Not sure what kind of hours you are looking for.

* These are typical hours for early-to-mid August as prime vacation time.

BluewaterBrad
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
6pm is actually fairly late for AK, considering... It closes much earlier than the rest, mostly due to the animals, etc. It takes an average of 3 hours to get the animlas back to the barns.

Cutbacks not only include dining options, etc, but also park hours. I have found though, it generally levels itself out. In the summer when parks are open till 10, you have sometimes 2-3 hours wiats for some attractions. In the slower months, shorter hours and usually shorter lines. It's a wash...

Shorter hours also mean more time can be spent at DTD spending money!

I agree!!:mickey: