PDA

View Full Version : Compare 3rd week Sept to late August?

kathiep
07-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been in late August?

We've been going the 3rd week in September for the last 4 years and have loved it. Sure it was hot and humid but the crowds were extremely manageable.

This year we check in on 8/23 because I didn't want to pull my DS out of school.

My DH is really worried that we'll be stuck in tremendous crowds. My argument is that it's still value season so it can't be that bad. I'm also figuring the 3-4 weeks earlier can't make that much difference with the heat. September was terribly hot last year.

DH is so worried about this that he's not really looking forward to the trip. :(

How has anyone else found late August to be?

DisneyWFan
07-11-2009, 02:58 PM
We were there Aug 24th - 30th last year & It wasn't bad Hot but not overly crowded our longest wait was to see Ariel 40 mins but most waits were very short or doable with fastpass. We were pleased enough that we are going back again this year Aug 23rd - Sept 5th.

bruin1344
07-11-2009, 03:03 PM
went the same timeframe last year and going again same time as you

Ive never been in late September to compare to last August. Here is what i found:

It is very hot and humid out but it didnt bug me for the most part. Its manageable in MK and Epcot because there are enough indoor air conditioned attractions. DHS doesnt have a lot of indoor attractions and the shows like Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Action were unbearable to sit through. AK was the worst one for the heat because lack of indoor attractions and the park is huge. There was a rumble of thunder everyday although most of the thunderstorms were off in the distance. If there was a direct hit of thunder, it would last 10-20 minutes.

The crowds are light to moderate. I never waited for more than 20 minutes on any attractions. Soarin, Rockin Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, Test Track, and Toy Story were the only rides that were over 45 minute waits consistently throughout the day. Except for Toy Story, i got lucky to have a reasonable fast pass time, a parade/fireworks was going on, singles line, or got there early enough where i was able to go on those rides in under 10 minutes. Toy Story never let up.