PDA

View Full Version : Attendance levels in January?

eagvent
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm looking at the second week in January. What should crowd levels be like? Thanks.

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 11:16 AM
my family went to disney dec 28, 2008 to jan 7,2009 and the crowds were REALLY bad from 28-02 but at jan 3 the crowds started dying down FAST and on our last day the crowds were the some best ive seen in my 7 trips so im guessing that if theyre that good on the end of the first week that they should be better in the second week thinks the crowds will be good if you go :D

oh and :welcome::rocks:

PharmD
07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
We've been that week and its one of the best times to go. While it is a little on the cool side the crowds are low and its almost like having the park to yourselves. One drawback is they sometimes have rides down for rehab as its a slow time. But the low crowds more than make up for that.

Giselle
07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Crowds are very light. We walked right on any ride we wanted and got to ride them over and over without getting off. It was cold though. Got down in the 20s at night. One of our best trips ever. My DD got lots of attention and extras with characters and CMs who were nicer since they weren't so busy. Have fun!

Speedy1998
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
It depends on how new years falls, but generally after Jan 2nd or 3rd the crowds drop off alot. The last time I went during Jan. the only issue I had with crowds was big tour groups from South America. If you hit an attraction the same time as a tour group there will be a bit of a wait.

DisneyAndRedSox
07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I went in January 06, 07, 08 and 09. You may get a slight spike in the crowds on MLK weekend and during the Marathon, but it is still wonderful! Typically the only rides with a wait are newer rides (Soarin' and Toy Story). Just weather is very unpredictable... not much rain but one day could be in the high in the 70's and next day high in the 50's, much cooler at night. Every year we were able to wear shorts/capri's at least a few days but this year was the worst... in most pictures DD is wearing a light fleece pull-over and we did not make it in the pool once. The only other drawback is some ride are closed for refurb.

4myprincesses
07-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Great time to go, but do bring layers as the evenings can get very chilly! We ended up with blankets in the stroller and buying some hats and gloves. Weekends are a bit busier, but not bad, weekdays are some of the lowest crowd levels of the year.