PDA

View Full Version : Opening Ceremonies?

luvDaMouse
07-11-2009, 10:20 AM
I have been to MK opening ceremony :thumbsup:

We were at DHS at rope drop and they had no ceremony? is this normal or do they not do one every morning?

Have never made it to Epcot, do they have one and if so what do they do and where is it?

AK we raced to get there and it was just over but we saw Mickey in the tree of life. ( we didnt know they had the ceremony so far into the park or we would have moved alittle faster:blush: What kind of show do they do there?

We are not early risers but I would lke to be able to see them all at least once:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-11-2009, 12:55 PM
1) MK has the opening ceremony.
2) The other parks are quite subdued, in comparison.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Were you at DHS on an EMH morning?

Based on what I have read here on Intercot, there is not a true opening ceremony at any park when it opens early for EMH, so that could have been why.

DeniseMB
07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
If you are the first to enter Blizzard Beach you can be "The Ski Captain" honoree of the day.
Typhoon Lagoon, "The Big Kahuna". The title comes with some extra perks. Refillable mugs, a medal, towels, shaded spot for the day and free locker for the day. :mickey:

mattandmandy
07-13-2009, 11:49 PM
I was also curious about this. From what I was told by a CM they don't announce ahead of time what day they will have an opening ceremony. Also here is what was explained in another thread:

On certain days of the week they have a show to welcome guests to the park. Rope drop happens every day of the week, and on certain days they have a show that has the characters who arrive by train. It's actually pretty cool. That's probably what the CM thought you were referring to, the show that happens on certain days of the week. I've seen it a few times but since I'm in T-land I don't get to experience it unless I get to MK early.

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157126

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Don't they do something at Animal Kingdom?

Not as much hoop-la as the MK opening ceremony, but something . . . .right? :confused:

KAJUNKING
07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
you would think there would be something special at the opening of each park