PDA

View Full Version : question about park tickets

princessat37
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
we'll arrive noonish and were planning on going to mk that afternoon. but i want to make sure that you have the option to start using your park tix the day of arrival or can start using them on day 2.
also, on our check-out day, we can go to downtown disney in the morning to shop w/o a park ticket, right?
i know, silly questions, but i would just die if we got there and, because i wasn't specific when making reservations, our park tix weren't valid until the next day.

faline
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm making a guess that you have a package that includes tickets?

As soon as you check in at your resort, you'll be issued your park tickets. You can begin using them immediately so, yes, you can go to the Magic Kingdom the day you arrive but be aware that will be one day off whatever number of days you have purchased.

There is no charge to enter Downtown Disney so you will not need to use a park ticket to go to Downtown Disney or to shop there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
You will have no issues at all.

As you soon as you get your tickets, they are valid and can be used in the park. On our last trip, we went to the parks before our room was ready :)

DTD doesn't need a ticket, so you'll be able to visit whenever you'd like.

Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
07-10-2009, 09:19 PM
As stated by the other posters, your tickets are valid as soon as you check in to your resort, even if your rooms are not ready....If your tickets are on your room key, they will activate the tickets, and will allow you to charge to your room....They know your room number, but will not give it to you until Mousekeeping releases the room. They will give you a number that you can call to check on room availability, while you head to the park. Once you use (activate) your tickets, at the gate, you have up to 14 days to add days (at a cost of about $2 per ticket per day), or upgrade to a Park Hopper (at $45), or add waterparks and more, or non-expire features.....If you decide to do a park on your departure day, it is a small cost to add that day. One last chance to excel at TSMM!

CleveRocks
07-11-2009, 10:06 AM
You've gotten good advice; I'll just add one bit that hasn't specifically been mentioned.

Once you check-in at your resort and have your park tickets (they'll be coded onto your room key, which is known as your Key To The World card), the tickets are yours to use as you like.

You CAN go use them immediately, but you don't have to. Tickets don't have to be used immediately, and don't have to be used on consecutive days. If you have a 6-day ticket, for example, that gives you six individual calendar days in a theme park. From the moment you first use the ticket to enter a park, the ticket will expire in 14 days (NOTE: this isn't 14 days from the time you get the ticket, but 14 days from the day you forst USE the ticket, and the day you first use it is Day One).

So if you arrive on Saturday, and go to a park on Saturday, then let's say you don't go to any parks on Sunday and then go to a park on Monday, in those 3 days you've used up 2 park days ... you'd still have 4 of your 6 days left.

princessat37
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM
thanks so much everyone!