PDA

View Full Version : Least expensive room option for 5

wdwnutz
07-10-2009, 02:03 PM
What is my least expensive room option for 5 people? It's for 2 adults, 2 sixteen year olds (boy and girl) and a 3 year old.

jaynefuller
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I live in England and have a 15yr old girl and 10yr old boy. We are staying at the all star music at christmas with two adults and two children. We did look into getting two rooms but it was double the price!
The all star music do have suites which accomodate five but they were more expensive than having two rooms!
We ended up booking one room, but it means the children will have to share a double bed, but they said they dont mind because we will have more spending money this way!
You will probably be better getting two rooms in a value hotel (depending on your budget) and letting the 16yr olds have a room to themselves, but request two beds as the rooms for two usually have one kingsize and they probably won't want to share that at their age!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
You could stay in one room at POR. There are two double-beds, and a trundle bed for the 3 year old. It might be a little squishy at times, but I think it would be the cheapest option.

There are also suites at the All-Star Music resort, but they are similar-priced to two rooms, and since the suites don't usually have discounts, you're better off in two value rooms, or POR (or the deluxes - since most them can take five people).

KathyMO
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Port Orleans Riverside would work but be very cramped.

I would go with 2 rooms at Pop Century. The cost wouldn't be much more. Just make sure you request connecting rooms. That way you can just open the connecting doors to go in between rooms. You will also have two bathrooms which will be a great when everyone is trying to get ready. We have done this several times and it is well worth the extra cost.

disneymom15
07-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree, I would do 2 rooms at a value resort.

KarenP
07-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Port Orleans Riverside is the least expensive option for 5.

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-10-2009, 07:24 PM
We went to POR with a ds 18, dd 16, and ds 11. DD and I shared a bed. DS 11 and dad shared a bed and 18 yr old used the trundle. We didn't mind at all. We were in the parks most of the time. it was 1999 and i don't remember being cramped!
It was the least expensive way to go.

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:38 AM
2 rooms at the Pop would work well.The Wilderness Cabins are nice but we aren't big fans of the campgrounds.

ibrowse17
07-11-2009, 01:03 PM
It really depends on how much time you plan to spend at your resort. If you are only going to be there to sleep, go with POR. If that is not the case, get a couple of room at a value. Either way, have a great trip:thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-11-2009, 02:39 PM
2 rooms at a value resort

elmjimmlm
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM
IMHO POR is the best for the money...We are a family of 5 and even though our kids are a little younger, the room size is not that bad...

gueli
07-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I stayed at the cabins once
There is a lot of room
We had a car though, so the transportation wasn't bad...

Sneaky Pete
07-11-2009, 05:21 PM
at a value.

steamboat willy
07-12-2009, 03:09 PM
By your signature, you have already stayed at ASMu & POR, so you know the size of these.

Your choices so far from least expensive to more room/accomidations for boy/girl/mom/dad/baby:

1 room Value Resort - very close quarters - 1 Bathroom
1 room POR - still close quarters, but do-able
2 adjoining rooms Value Resort - 3 to 4 beds + 2 bathrooms
Family Suite - ASM - 1 King/2 pullouts - 2 bathrooms
Cabin in Fort Wilderness - Priceless

So much for the teens to do and explore at Ft Wilderness, that's where it all started with me and my Mom & Dad.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Your choices so far from least expensive to more room/accommodations for boy/girl/mom/dad/baby:

1 room Value Resort - very close quarters - 1 Bathroom
1 room POR - still close quarters, but do-able
2 adjoining rooms Value Resort - 3 to 4 beds + 2 bathrooms
Family Suite - ASM - 1 King/2 pullouts - 2 bathrooms
Cabin in Fort Wilderness - Priceless

I believe that a three year old will count toward the 4 person max occupancy of a value room, so getting only 1 value room will not work.

As much as I hate it, I believe that there is no such thing as a reasonably priced way to stay on property with 5 people. I would hate to stay off property myself, but if budget is a top consideration, staying off property should at least be considered, especially if you are driving to WDW or planning on renting a car no matter what.

angyl15
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe consider a downtown disney resort? You still get a lot of the disney feel by being within walking distance of the marketplace restaurants and shops. And the rooms are much bigger, at least at the Hilton where I stayed about 6 years ago. It was a beautiful hotel, though no disney theming in the resort itself. I imagine you could request a roll away bed.

Oh and the downtown resorts have bus transportation to and from the parks. The only thing they don't have transportation-wise is the magical express to and from the airport.

DeniseMB
07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
My vote is for Ft Wilderness Cabins. Plus you get a kitchen to save on meals. :mickey:

I like the campground. Very relaxing, close to the the nightly movie and campfire. Horseback riding, pony rides, HDDR, general store, hay rides. Take the ferry to MK. Watch the electrical water parade on the beach. :mickey:

KAT1811
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
As much as I hate it, I believe that there is no such thing as a reasonably priced way to stay on property with 5 people.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sad but true.

I would say that it depends on what time of the year you are going. You can get two rooms at a value at a great price and still be comfortable. And you can sit in one room while the 3 year old sleeps in the other. Assuming you all don't plan on going to bed at the same time. One room at POR would probably be the cheapest in terms of price but may not be the most comfortable and affordable way to do Disney.

As far as staying off property. . . we'll NEVER do it. We had a chance to use a friend's timeshare for two weeks just outside Disney and declined because it would have been too much hassle. Renting a car, car seat, gas, parking, opportunity costs with having to leave the property, I could go on and on. . .

ginny57
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I did the Ft Wilderness cabins 2x with my 3 kids. They are roomy and the little one can go to bed and not force everyone to join! The separate bedroom is great plus having a kitchen saves $$$. I didn't want to cook but we got cereal-frozen waffles-easy stuff. The large portions at some restaurants became a 2nd meal.

Consider these things when figuring your costs.

I always rent a car...the Ft Wilderness transportation can be tough.

redleg96
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
If cost is the primary factor I'd go with POR. Stayed there last July with a family of five: 2 adults, 10 yr old daughter, 9 year old son, and 8 year old daugher. I have not stayed at the cabins but hear they're incredible nor have I ever stayed at a value, but looking at prices; a 5 person room in Alligator bayu at POR is cheaper than either the cabins or 2xvalue rooms.