PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on Strollers

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I need help! What are your recommendations for strollers at Disney. We are driving and can bring our own. We want to get 2 lightweight strollers and buy the connectors to make it a double if we want.

We want the strollers to:
1. be under about $100.
2. Fold easy to get in and out of wdw transportation
3. Have recline
4. have some storage
5. have canopy

We are looking at:
1. Graco Citilite (graco doesn't make this anymore so, we'd have to buy second hand).
2. Evenflo sport (we already have 1 of these but, it doesn't recline)
3. Jeep Wrangler umbrella stroller

Both kids are almost grown out of strollers so, we really don't want to make a large "investment" in this stroller.

Thank you!

BelleKP
07-10-2009, 11:06 AM
We have a Chicco Liteway which has served us well. It folds up easily and is light to carry.
However you did mention that your kids have almost ungrown strollers . . . so be weary of weight limits. The Chicco is up to 40lbs.
Good luck in your search.

TysMomTink
07-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't think the Jeep Wrangler will work for you. Our son is about 35 lbs. and it's too confining for him. He looks so uncomfortable in it. I'm shopping for another one for our September trip.

I will say though that when my son was younger (and weighed less) I did like the Jeep Wrangler. It doesn't recline as far as I'd like, but was a decent stroller for pushing around WDW and quick trips to the mall, etc.

BigRedDad
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Good, reclining, sub $100 strollers do not exist in my opinion. I wish I had done more research when my DD was born. I would have spent the money on a versatile, usable stroller. I viewed and tested many strollers before settling for a MacLaren. I dumped about $275 for it and it was worth every cent on our trip in April and Nov. I think it was the Techno XT. I have not used it since, but I have it for trips to the mall, zoo, etc when I need it.

Since you need 2, I am not sure what to advise. I recommend viewing and testing the strollers before purchasing. If I followed recommendations right before I decided on the MacLaren, I would have been very po'd

Itchy
07-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I dont know how much this will help but here goes.

My daughter snagged a Graco Duo stroller for free and it was like new from a lady near her.

You might check second hand kids stores as you can get some real deals sometime.

My concern is will the Duo stroller fold up small enough for the busses. My daughter just say we will deal with it.

The other thing is if you link two strollers side by side will you have trouble getting through the crowds.

Either way if you want a double stroller I would get one like the Duo. I think new it listed for about $129.00

Happy Planning:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the words so far...

our children are very light for their age... In fact they are in the 10-15 percentile for their ages because of their weight.... skinny kids - they didn't get my genes.... So, we have a 32 lber and a 24 lber....

The only time we want to use the connectors is if one of us is with both of the kids while the other riding something that the kids can't ride. I don't need something that reclines flat as we plan to go back to the treehouse for naps everyday. but, we do want it to recline.

We had a duo stroller that was quickly sold on craigslist as soon as they figured out that they can kick the one in the front and have a food fight between seats (and all the food hitting mommy). Then we got a side by side... and it is just too wide for the whole trip. However, if left alone with the 2, i need to be able to push the girls by myself. With 2 separate strollers and no connectors, I have visions of me looking like the episode of Laverne and Shirley where they won a grocery shopping spree - all you can grab in 10 minutes or something.

Anyone else with good stroller recommendations?

Itchy
07-10-2009, 07:37 PM
My other daughter bought a Chico umbrella stroller. It was great for my grand daughter.

I cost around $49 is light weight and the seat does recline some but not all the way back.

I am sure that you could link the two together.

She got her's at Babys R us.

It did have some storage under the seat as well but we bought a small mesh bag that they had there for strollers and it worked great. We also got the clear stroller rain cover for around $10 but never had a need for it.

Don't Mind the thumbs down I don't know where that came from.

thumperbug
07-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I recommend the Wendy Belissimo. You can get it at Babies r us. It reclines, has a canopy, underseat basket and folds up small and weighs about 7 lbs. It can also hold a child up to 55 lbs.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-11-2009, 09:59 AM
We have a Chicco Capri Stroller. They have a basket, they recline for sleeping, have a hood for shade and a strap and bag for easy carrying. We have been very happy with them. We did purchase the attachment to link them together and were not very happy. Honestly though to link any two strollers together is very had the two sides that are linked the wheels get stuck together if you turn that’s the only downfall. We have used them our last two trips and they seem to work great! I don’t know if height is an issue, but my husband in 6’4 and has no problems with short handles like some other strollers. Happy Shopping:)

KAT1811
07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
IBoth kids are almost grown out of strollers so, we really don't want to make a large "investment" in this stroller.

Have you considered renting strollers from an Orlando based company? Not WDW. There are companies that deliver strollers to your resort and pick them up when you are done. No need to pay for something you are never going to use again. The strollers are well made, brandname strollers and are very reasonably priced. If you Google "Orlando stroller rentals" you will be able to see what I am talking about.

Good, reclining, sub $100 strollers do not exist in my opinion.

:ditto:

They are either reasonably priced or good quality nothing that fits in both categories! :secret: LOL!

daisyhead
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Get a Maclaren Volo on ebay! Less than 100 bucks, so light and easy to fold!

DisneyAggies
07-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Another vote for the Maclaren Techno XT...FULLY reclines, nice and tall handles (no hunching over), sunshade with window (UV treated), also comes with a rain cover...we love ours!

We also have double Mac that goes with us now!

Good luck and have fun!

tys_mommy
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
We have a Chicco Liteway which has served us well. It folds up easily and is light to carry.
However you did mention that your kids have almost ungrown strollers . . . so be weary of weight limits. The Chicco is up to 40lbs.
Good luck in your search.

We have a Ct5 - but I don't think they make this model anymore. I LOVE it - and so does DD.

Disney Doll
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
First of all, you can find what you need for $100. I have a Chicco C5 which we love, love, love. It has made 2 trips to WDW and will make many more. Now, the C5 isn't available anymore, but it's similar to the Chicco Liteway which is available through Amazon for right about $100 (free shipping). Lightweight, fully reclines, sun shade, storage basket, carrying handle, cup holder for mom, rain cover (especially useful at WDW), and it's taller so you can push without stooping. There's nothing I dislike about my Chicco. :thumbsup:

Bohms4
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
We had a Graco Citilite and it was PERFECT for Disney. I bought it just for that I wound up using it all the time when I got home. At the time my son was 20 months.....he slept so well in the parks in that stroller.....it reclines. The basket underneath was a bonus too....perfect size.
Pick one up second hand if you can you won't be disappointed.

mudpuppysmom
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Believe me.....I think I have tested about fifty strollers at Disney (well, not quite 50, but it feels like it!). One that has logged a lot of miles is the Inglesina Zippy I have.....I have become pretty attached to another stroller at home here, but the Zippy is a full sized stroller that folds up like an umbrella stroller, is pretty light and fully reclines, has a basket and a canopy that actually covers the entire stroller (makes a little nest like environ for the kids). This stroller has been on WDW buses, trams, trains, ferry, etc......and it's really easy to "deal" with. I am parting with it though.....but I'll cry when it finally goes!

I've also tried a Combi umbrella stroller and the thing is just a pain -- no storage, doesn't recline enough, just not enough space to be comfortable -- BUT, it weighs next to nothing!

Also, Safety 1St Acella.....my husband really likes this one.....it's a full size stroller and it feels like a full size stroller -- but it is lighter than a Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe....which I've also had at WDW....the Safety 1st has a canopy, reclines, is good and comfy, has a basket and a snack tray with cupholder, but it's a bit bulkier that the Zippy I mentioned above.

In December my sister took a Peg Perego Pliko P3 and I had the Zippy....we traded one day and she liked mine and I liked hers, so we switched for the rest of the trip....both are very similar, but the Perego requires two hands to fold, but it does fold up like an umbrella stroller, but is full sized, plus there is a step on the back for an extra kid (like a buggy board).

Hopefully this helps with your decision!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks everyone! Well, we went to just about every store in the area to try out all the strollers. And the one that we picked is the TrendSport by Baby Trend. At $50, it was the best for both daddy and mommy and kids. They each took a spin in it and was having so much fun. IT reclines, folds small, had a cup/snack tray for the kids and a double cup tray for my DH and I. The basket fits our normal diaper bag and my purse. When the seat is fully reclined, the there is alot of shade and breezy as the back is open when reclining. It's so light and is one handed fold.

The best thing about it is, I found the same stroller on craigslist for $10 in perfect condition! I just need to find another! I'll wait for the mom 2 mom sales this fall. After all, I don't need it until October.

Thank you everyone! The graco citilite was a close 2nd. Probably would have gone with that if I could have found it at the resale shops here!