PDA

View Full Version : Water Park with a 12 month old?

IloveJack
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
We got an early flight in on our first day, which wasn't planned. So I find myself looking for something to do. Would you take a 12 month old to a water park, and if so, which one? If not, what would you do?

Part of me thinks that if I can come up with the extra money to go to a water park for 2 adults, then I can come up with the money for AK for a day. Hmmm.... But is it worth it if we won't be there until 11am (or so... guessing with ME), and we have ADR's at Chef Mickey's at 9:05 that night?

The next day, our only plans are breakfast at 1900 PF at 10:05, and then MNSSHP, so we'll be resort hopping and going to DTD then. We need something different for our first day.

SBETigg
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't go to a water park with a 12 month old. It's a lot of time out in the heat and you'll have to split up to go on any major slides. I would go to a park, maybe AK. If that's not doable, maybe enjoy your resort.

KronkHere
07-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Skip the waterpark. Hang at the resort pool or head over to Downtown Disney or do both...Either way, dont stress it - You are at Disney World..

:party::party::mickey::party::party:

kathiep
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree. You won't really get your money's worth at the water park. I'd explore your resort, spend some time relaxing in the pool. I might also do some shopping at Downtown Disney and then head to the Polynesian beach to watch some fireworks.

MidnTPK
07-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I disagree with the above posters. I had a lot of fun at the water parks with my then-15 month old last year. She loved the water and loved the lazy river ,the waves, and the tidal pools at TL. But she was also walking very well at that point. If your little one is not yet walking, I'm not sure what I'd do.

As to which WP....there's no clear consensus. I liked TL's kiddie area more....there were more little things appropriate for a toddler, whereas BB didn't have many/any little toddler slides...just pre-school kid size slides.

Are you sure you're doing the math right on tickets? A water park ticket is $42.60 a person, or $50 for the water park and more option. Going from a 3 to 4 day park pass is just $7.46 more a person (or going from 4 to 5 is just $3.19 more), so doing an afternoon at the AK is not very expensive.

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I agree. You won't really get your money's worth at the water park. I'd explore your resort, spend some time relaxing in the pool. I might also do some shopping at Downtown Disney and then head to the Polynesian beach to watch some fireworks.
I have to agree.It's exactly what we'd do!

IloveJack
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
After reading a few recent posts, I'm thinking about spending the day at Stormalong Bay. For those of you who've spent some time there before, could you tell me all about it? Is the kiddie area "12-month-old" friendly? Is the lazy river enough to keep us busy for a while? (I don't do water slides, which is okay, since I'll most likely be the one with the baby). Is HH on the DDP? And how would you go about getting there from ASMo? (I know bus to Epcot, but what from there? I HATED the bus ride there when we went to the BW last time. Thanks for any input you can give me. :mickey:

MidnTPK
07-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Stormalong Bay is only for YC/BC/BCV guests only...not even DVC members can hop there. You have to show a room key to a CM to get a wrist band too, so there's no sneaking in.

IloveJack
07-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Well.... thanks for that info, though..

Imagineer1981
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Stormalong Bay is only for YC/BC/BCV guests only...not even DVC members can hop there. You have to show a room key to a CM to get a wrist band too, so there's no sneaking in.

unfortunately, you used to be able to sneak in :)

Disney Doll
07-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Are you sure you're doing the math right on tickets? A water park ticket is $42.60 a person, or $50 for the water park and more option. Going from a 3 to 4 day park pass is just $7.46 more a person (or going from 4 to 5 is just $3.19 more), so doing an afternoon at the AK is not very expensive.

That's what I was thinking. We always hit the parks on arrival day and since it's not much to add an extra day we don't worry about getting our moneys worth.

Cinderelley
07-19-2009, 04:08 AM
It is cheaper to add a day to your park tickets, but I think you would have a lot of fun at a water park. My nephew was young when we went, and he had a blast at typhoon lagoon. I have pics of him and his daddy making sand castles!!