PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Dining

twinboyz
07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
We made our ADR's for our upcoming trip in August, but weren't very lucky with our choice on the day we want to see illuminations. I wanted reservations at the R&C so we could have a good spot for Illuminations, but was only able to get reservations for 6:45 pm.

I've heard about sitting near the lagoon by the Cantina in Mexico, but is there any other restaurants you can dine at while watching illuminations?

I'm sure this has been asked before, please re-direct me if so.

Thanks bunches.:thumbsup:

faline
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Even if you get Rose & Crown reservations, there is no guarantee that you will be seated out on the patio which is where you would need to be to have a view of Illuminations from your table.

Cantina de San Angel is a fast service resaturant with first-come, first-served tables on the edge of the lake where Illuminations takes place. These tables are taken pretty ealy on in the evening and closely guarded for the duration. If you plan to watch from here, plan to arrive early.

The Japenese restaurant has a view but I'm not sure that the music is piped into the restaurant.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
We've had great luck at R&C, with being able to sit on the patio. They now have a sign "asking diners to respect a two-hour limit", but if you're still drinking and eating, I doubt they would actually ask you to leave 15 minutes before Illuminations started.

I believe that if you're seated inside, you can still go out and watch from the patio, so R&C might work after all.

Pirate Granny
07-09-2009, 10:01 PM
We've had outside tables 4 times and only once were we inside...if you are seated inside you can go out to the patio to watch...
We've eaten ASH on all four times we ate outside...the wind was blowing in our direction...so, although it was pretty and nice to be outside...not so much of a treat when all was said and done...keep checking and you may snag a later dining time.
:pirate:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I ate at the Japanese restaurant during Illuminations just a few weeks ago. It's a great view (if you get a table at or near the window). To be clear (since there are two table service restaurants in the Japan pavilion), Illuminations can be viewed only from the Tokyo Dining restaurant, not from Teppan Edo. (Tokyo Dining is the restaurant to the right of the hostess stand as you walk up the stairs into the restauant, not the teppanyaki-style restaurant to the left.) And the music is piped in.

You can also eat at Chefs de France while viewing Illuminations. But again, a table at or near the window will be necessary. There is also the more upscale Bistro de Paris upstairs at the France pavilion from which you can dine and enjoy Illuminations at the same time.

PixieMagic
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Your time is PERFECT! We have the same time for our upcoming trip and we always ask that time...by the time you get seated plus you draw it out and have an amazing relaxing waterfront dinner in the park...appetizers, entrees, desserts, cordials...it times out PERFECTLY....

Now we do this for every meal anyway (always takes us about 2 hours to eat) because we love to take our time and savor our meals...but not everyone is the same...

Good luck and have fun!!!!:thumbsup:

DVC2004
07-11-2009, 09:40 AM
We had the pleasure of catching Illuminations at Rose and Crown this past April. As previously stated, an outdoor table won't be gauranteed. We were lucky to get one though so it ws wonderful. However, they did have an outdoor patio and when it started, everyone inside was welcome to go there to watch. The food and the experience were great- truly magical.

Sounds wierd but if you go be sure to try the potato and leek soup. It's wonderful!

bruin1344
07-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Rose & Crown has been my favorite restaurant for illuminations. Even if you dont get a table outside, you can still move to the patio to watch it.

Cantina counter service is alway packed at the evening and there is no guarantee of getting a table.

omearac
07-12-2009, 07:52 AM
We ate ate R&C two years ago. We didn't go outside but did have a table seat. They opened all the windows and we had a GREAT view. It didn't hinder our view at all by sitting inside. Have a great time.

TheRustyScupper
07-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Your time is PERFECT! We have the same time for our upcoming trip and we always ask that time

1) Of course, they now have a 2-hr rule.
2) Hopefully, they don't enforce it for 15-minutes over.