PDA

View Full Version : Can It Be Done sanely???

Live4WDW
07-09-2009, 07:52 PM
:mickey: Hey all. DW and I are arriving Aug 22 for a 4 night/5 day stay at CSR. Having been to the parks before, we hope to add a little play time with 1 or 2 sea raycers, visit a few parks for some favorite rides, do a water park (Typhoon Lagoon) for the first time, maybe some time at disney quest, if we do the water park and more option. Question is, with two :mickey:table service meals a day, and a little resort time also, we have no children, (no offense kiddies, we would love to have some) is it possible to accomplish most of this and not be all crazy. Or am I trying to cram too much into it? Also, it seems a better idea to purchase the water park and more option, when it almost costs that much at just purchasing admission for two adults at the water park. Then we could go to disney quest at night if we wanted to. Thanks for any ideas or info.

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow! Sounds like a blast! I think you can fit it all in if you do some half days at the parks. I think planning your days out will make it much more doable as well. And if you're using it 2 or more times, the water parks and more option will save you money. Have a great time! :mickey:

RobWreck
07-09-2009, 09:12 PM
It all depends on how much park time you're willing to sacrifice. That late in August, the summer crowds will have begun to die down, so you've got that on your side...
Enjoy!
Rob

SBETigg
07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Just keep in mind that you're sacrificing some park time to do other things, which is fine if that's the kind of trip you want. You should be able to accomplish quite a bit-- though two table service meals a day really does slow you down and cut into the schedule. You might consider some signature dining with two smaller meals/counter service snacks or meals for some of the days to free up more time for other things. But either way, you can have a great vacation in five days and fit in more than you imagine.

Our regret from our four day April trip was that we didn't have even more time at the resort. We did get enough dining in, and enough time in parks, and some good resort time, but we could have used more.

Live4WDW
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
:mickey: cool ideas, thoughts, and experiences everyone. Thanks. Keep em coming, love to learn different ideas!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
07-09-2009, 09:58 PM
If you get two table services a day...hit the Cali Grill around the fireworks time...and have a few breakfasts and then late dinners...some great restaurants...signature type are Artist Point and Jiko...
We've enjoyed renting the sea-racers...we've rented at WL, GF and at FQ...it make for a great afternoon or just before dinner treat...We've also watched movies on the beach at YC...that's kinda neat...
:pirate:

big blue and hairy
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Sanely??! Why would you want to do that? Have fun!

:sulley:

Figment78
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes I think you can do it. Without a doubt. With no kids, DH and I have successfully done trips combining park time, pool time, water park time, spa time and sit down dining in a 5 day trip. On those trips we don't get to ride every ride or see parades, but its still fun to do the other stuff. You just have to hit your favorites at the parks and go when it's not insanely crowded.

You should be fine. UNLESS all of your sit-down dining are signature restaurants taking up 2+ hours at eat meal. I find that most TS restaurants don't take much longer than CS restaurants when you factor in waiting in line for the CS meal, ordering, waiting for the food, finding a seat (I'm imagining Pecos Bill specifically, which we somehow always end up at whne we do CS), and eating. It takes almost as long as a non-signature TS. With 2 adults, many TS meals can easily be 1 hour or less. Just my two cents....

Tick-Tock
07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
You'd be surprised at how much you can get done. Sea Raycers, for example, hardly take an hour (that was plenty of time for us, really). You may want to consider 2, because two adults in one of those really bog them down.

ransam
07-10-2009, 02:04 PM
go, have fun...and don't worry about doing it all, or getting everything in...if you don't have time to do something, Disney isn't going anywhere, it wlll be there next time you want to go....

Tink#64
07-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Sounds like a fantastic trip! We love to do all those fun "extra" things at WDW! We've not done the Sea Raycers yet, but I'm really hoping to on our next trip! We do enjoy trying a different retaurant at a resort we've not yet visited each trip! We like to do this particularly on arrival day because we don't go to the parks for just a half day. We always go to DTD & then we enjoy trying out a new dining experience and explore the resort & maybe do some shopping! And it's easy to get to the various resorts from DTD rather than trying to get there from POP.

Disney Quest is a blast! We spent 5 - 6 hours there a few years ago! DH & I had as much fun as DS'S!

Do it all and enjoy! :tink:

clou1028
07-11-2009, 07:18 AM
:mickey: Hey all. DW and I are arriving Aug 22 for a 4 night/5 day stay at CSR. Having been to the parks before, we hope to add a little play time with 1 or 2 sea raycers, visit a few parks for some favorite rides, do a water park (Typhoon Lagoon) for the first time, maybe some time at disney quest, if we do the water park and more option. Question is, with two :mickey:table service meals a day, and a little resort time also, we have no children, (no offense kiddies, we would love to have some) is it possible to accomplish most of this and not be all crazy. Or am I trying to cram too much into it? Also, it seems a better idea to purchase the water park and more option, when it almost costs that much at just purchasing admission for two adults at the water park. Then we could go to disney quest at night if we wanted to. Thanks for any ideas or info.

Yes! It can be done! If you don't "need" to see everything, it absolutely can be done. We always go for 4 nights/5 days. We did all four parks, TL, daily rest breaks at the resort, and we went outside of the world a few times to eat or shop.

Here is what our schedule was for our last trip:

Day 1: Stopped at Wal-Mart for snacks and drinks, lunch outside the world, checked into our resort, had some pool time. In the evening we went to Poly to see the EWP and ADR at Ohanas. We also watched the MK fireworks from Poly beach.

Day 2: 1/2 day HS and 1/2 day MK, with a mid day break in between for napping/swimming

Day 3: TL all day and then dinner outside the world, and DTD.

Day 4: 1/2 day AK and 1/2 day Epcot, with a break in between.

Day 5: Our flight left pretty early, pretty much all we did was get up and check out.

Now, keep in mind all we did was our most favorite attractions. At Epcot we were only in Future World, no World Showcase. We generally don't see any "show" type attractions, so I think that helps us because those eat up a lot of time. We got up and got going when we felt like it, we didn't push it. We don't have kids, so it's just me and my DH. We can get around pretty quickly.

The best part about it is that on our 5 day hopper with 5 waterpark & more option, we only used 2 park days 1 water park day. I purchased the no expiration option, and we still have 3 park days and 4 waterpark days! We don't even need to buy tickets for our upcoming trip!

This year we are doing it a little differently, a little more relaxed. As usual, we will do our 4 nights/5 days, no parks on check in or check out day. Day 2 will be Epcot, day 3 will be TL, and day 4 will be MK. We are only doing two parks this year.

Although, that's always subject to change! Once I get down there I have a hard time staying away from anything! :)

bruin1344
07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Its manageable especially since youve been before and know what attractions to go on or avoid. Also, late August crowds arent too busy.