PDA

View Full Version : DDP - tipping party of 6?

Soccermom12
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
When we went to Disney in 2006, tax and tip were included in the DDP. I know tip is no longer included....is tax? Also, we are a family of 6...our youngest is 2. She wil be sharing off of everyone's plate. We don't have to pay for her to get into the parks, we can stay at POR as a family of five....I was just wondering will we have the automatic tip added because there are 6 at our table or would the 2 year old not count? We usually tip generously....I just don't like the idea of being told how much we HAVE to tip.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
we were in the same situation as you last year and yes we had to count the little one. We were a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 children under 2).

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere some time back that if you are on the DDP the tip will be included in your final bill reguardless of how many in your party. It is not covered by the DDP, but I think it will be on your bill as balance due even if you aren't a party of 6. Can someone confirm if this is correct, or if I'm just going crazy? Hahaha.

WishingStar2006
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
The tip is NOT included in the bill. They do present a calculation for you on the bottom of the bill telling you what a 15% (I think) and 18% would be, for your easy reference. The tip is NOT, however included in the bill.

Tax is included in the DDP but not tip, appetizer or adult beverages (and some specialty beverages as well).

gerald72
07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
The tip is NOT included in the bill. They do present a calculation for you on the bottom of the bill telling you what a 15% (I think) and 18% would be, for your easy reference. The tip is NOT, however included in the bill.

Tax is included in the DDP but not tip, appetizer or adult beverages (and some specialty beverages as well).

This is correct.

shellyc
07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
There is another discount program called "Tables In Wonderland" for FL Residents and AP holders. If you use your TIW discount card for meals and drinks, the automatic 18% gratuity is added to your bill.
The cost of the discount program for AP holders is $75 per year.
If you are just using the dining plan, as others have said, your gratuity is not added to your bill when it is presented to you.

medic9016
07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
6 or more tip is added automatically. They will count the 2yo in that 6.