PDA

View Full Version : Roll Away Bed Questions

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
We will be needing a roll away bed at Riverside as we have a 15 year old boy and a 12 year old girl (step-siblings) and they can't share a bed (obviously). Is there a charge from the resort for this type of request? I know that typically a roll away is $15 per night, but I was under the impression that was only if you had more than 4 in the room. Does anyone know? Thank you!

buzz2001
07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
We will be needing a roll away bed at Riverside as we have a 15 year old boy and a 12 year old girl (step-siblings) and they can't share a bed (obviously). Is there a charge from the resort for this type of request? I know that typically a roll away is $15 per night, but I was under the impression that was only if you had more than 4 in the room. Does anyone know? Thank you!I believe its a cost regardless but I could be wrong.

RockinRobin
07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Last year it was 15.00 per night no matter how many were in the room. If you are staying at Riverside they have trundle beds they are not the greatest but not that bad either. So maybe you could do that instead of the roll away. And there is no charge for that.

illini
07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
To my knowledge, POR does not have rollaway beds, only the trundle beds. I would not recommend the trundles for a 12 y/o or a 15 y/o unless they're very small. Could the bio parent of each child sleep with that child?

CBR used to have rollaways but I'm not sure if they still do. I didn't think any of the other mods did.

TammiMcMan
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I would suggest bringing an aerobed instead (if that's possible). Rollaways can't be pre-reserved there and each resort only has a very small number of them. You'd have to ask at check-in and if they don't have any left, you'll be out of luck. If they do have one available, there is a charge, regardless of how many people are in the room.

The aerobeds work great (we use one quite often). Some are easy enough to deflate each morning to free up floor space, or simply lean it against the wall when not in use.

Unfortunately, you're taking a chance that the kids will have to share if you go with the rollaway.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for all your responses. It looks like the kids will be trading off floor sleeping! My DH would NEVER sleep with one of the kids! :blush: He'd go crazy. DD12 is not a big girl by any means, but she is very tall for her age (5'6" already-she's bypassed her mother!) and my stepson is a big 15 year old. He's about 5'10" and 240. He pretty much takes up a double bed by himself! So, neither one of them would fit on the trundle bed. I guess I'll get a lot of extra bedding and the floor will be great! Sadly, no way to get an aero bed there (we do have one) but we're flying and not going to drag it along.

Thanks for your help!

TammiMcMan
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Sadly, no way to get an aero bed there (we do have one) but we're flying and not going to drag it along.If you have a car, it may be worth a quick side trip to Walmart on the way to the resort. If that won't work, I'd suggest at least throwing one of the inflatable pool float loungers into the luggage. Not as comfortable as a bed, but definitely a lot better than sleeping directly on the floor. We used them for camping all the time (before aerobeds came out).

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Great news! When I had initially called and made our reservations, I had advised the agent that we would need a roll-away bed and she stated it wouldn't be a problem. Of course, as I was sitting here reading and thinking about it, I realized she never mentioned if there would be a cost. So, after reading the replies here and getting nervous, I called. My request was not on my reservation form, however the wonderful cast member added it to the form and stated YES, you WILL have a roll away bed and there is no charge for it. When he saw the ages and sexes of the children, he understood it would be unrealistic to expect them to sleep in the same bed. So, we may be crowded, but at least no one will have to be on the floor.

Thank you Disney!

TammiMcMan
07-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I hate to burst anyones bubble of excitement, but I would still strongly suggest you have a Plan B. While you may have it listed as a request, nothing is guaranteed at Disney and unfortunately, the reservation CM's are not always that knowledgeable. A lot of times, you'll find more accurate information from these message boards. As with everything else, if you are travelling at a particularly busy time of year, your chances of the rollaway will be slim. If the resort is at a lower capacity, then your chances are better. There's just no way of knowing until you actually arrive and find out at check-in.

Again, hate to dampen the excitement, but I wouldn't want you to get there and be let down.