PDA

View Full Version : long lost poster

marlyn
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey gang...isn't it strange how time flies by so fast sometimes? My life has gone through many ups and downs and I return here to discover that I have been away from you all for a very long time. I must say that I have missed you all a great deal.

I am not sure how so much time has managed to go by. So much has happened in my life. I have found love again and am now in a blended family. I have my own 2 boys (who are now 14) and am also step mother to an 11 year old girl and a 15 year old boy.

I have moved into a new home (built by my new man) and had been busy renovating my old one to rent it.

I have been through the loss of a nephew. Tragic loss in car accident at age 17. It has been 8 months, but feels like just yesterday that we stood by his bedside and watched him pass away.

I hit the high seas of the Mexican Riviera on the Disney Magic. I also travelled Mexico in a van with all 4 kids for 2 weeks, from Cancun to Campeche.:party:

Now I plan my next WDW trip which brings me back here to intercot. I can't help but wonder what took me so long.:confused:

Dsnygirl
07-09-2009, 01:51 AM
:) :D :) Lynne!!! It is SOOO good to see you back on here -- we've all wondered about you SO many times!!! :hug: to you... I was so excited to read all your news!!

Congratulations on your marriage and new family - when you disappeared on us in JQ, we had a feeling that "new man" was involved... ;) I'm so glad to hear it worked out so well -- your new family sounds wonderful, although I can't believe the twins are 14!! How are they doing in track? Are we going to see them in the Olympics?? :D

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew... I can't imagine how difficult that was.

How was your cruise? I bet wonderful... and your trip to Mexico was probably awesome, too. Post a link to pics if you can!!

I'm sending you a PM... I'm SO glad you're back!!

(When are you thinking about WDW??)

DVC2004
07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
So glad to see you! It sounds like you have been busy. Congrats on your new family!

I am sorry for your loss as well.

Dsnygirl
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
PS - we missed your avatar, too... :blush: :cloud9:

offwego
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
PS - we missed your avatar, too... :blush: :cloud9:

Ditto! And you as well.

14 time flys doesn't it?

drummerboy
07-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Good to see you back and happy. :thumbsup:

Nascfan
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
It is very nice to see you back! Congrats on your marriage and finding love so deserved.
My condolences to you and your entire family on the loss of your nephew.

marlyn
07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome back everyone :) My avatar and I have missed you all as well ;)

:) I can't believe the twins are 14!! How are they doing in track? Are we going to see them in the Olympics?? :D

They are doing very well. They ran a race the other day. It was a 1 mile race and Adam did it in 4min 57 sec and Scott was 5min 9sec. They finished 10th and 15th out of 230 racers of all ages. They were 1st and 2nd in the 11-19 year old age groups They are only 14. They have been competing in track meets and will be going to the Provincial chamionships this month. Next year they qualify for the Provincial Summer games and then hopefully the Canadian games.

They also do cross country long distance running and are ranked 3rd and 4th on Vancouver Island (for grades 8-12....they were in grade 8)

So Olympics? Maybe :)

How was your cruise? I bet wonderful... and your trip to Mexico was probably awesome, too. Post a link to pics if you can!!(When are you thinking about WDW??)

WDW March 2010. I am hoping that Spring Break crowds won't be too bad. A little concerned about that but with teenagers, I don't want to take them out of school for so long. Our break is March 6th.

The cruise was amazing! Absolutely amazing. July in Mexico is unbearably humid though:marg:

The other Mexico trip was also great. Pics? ok...

David and I
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Marlyncx2/Mexicotrip539.jpg

All 4 kids
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Marlyncx2/Mexicotrip180.jpg

Conrad, Jasmine and Adam
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Marlyncx2/Mexicotrip163.jpg

David & Scott
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Marlyncx2/Mexicotrip164.jpg

Once again....glad to be back :)

ElenitaB
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
So good to see you (and Capt Jack :blush: ) back again! :hug:

And glad to hear about your new happiness and expanded family. Sounds like everyone is doing great. (14 already, eh? :faint: )

Condolences on the loss of your nephew. Sorry we weren't around to help you through the rough patch.

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Sister Lynne! How fabulous to see you (and Jack!)!!

Congratulations on your marriage and additional family -- how wonderful! I hope your Mom and Dad are well too.

Thanks for checking in, and good luck with your Spring break planning!:mickey:

marlyn
07-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Condolences on the loss of your nephew. Sorry we weren't around to help you through the rough patch.

Thanks, it's nice to know you are all here to lend an ear (and have been there many times for me in the past.) Like I said, I miss you all :)

I hope your Mom and Dad are well too.

They are doing fantastic. Busy, busy, busy. :thumbsup:

vizsla
07-10-2009, 05:30 AM
:mickey:Welcome Back:mickey: