PDA

View Full Version : Live from Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort part 10! And our lucky Mickey Tye Dyes!

mouseketeer mom
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Our last morning. We all went to the pier this AM and did one last crabbing. I can't tell you how much my son loves this. We enjoyed our Sweet Carolinas cupcakes on our deck while watching the dolphins and kayaks. We packed up, said a teary goodbye with lots of pictures,and off we went to Savannah. We drove right to the Lady and Sons restaurant (Paula Deens place)..and the sign said they were booked for lunch. The line was down the street with people waiting to get a dinner ressie. We couldn't stay for dinner as our flight was at 6:45pm. They told me I was out of luck. Then, GET THIS...my family who was parking the car met up with me at this point. The woman LOVED our Mickey tye dyed shirts we were all wearing and GOT US IN!!!! To the angst of everyone around us, she let us in!!!!! We were seated at a wonderful table and had Paulas lunch buffet and I was in heaven. If looks could've killed us, we would be dead now. People hated us for being let in..some of them were camped out since 7am!!! Then, we finish lunch, I walk into the gift shop..and there is Paulas son Bobby!! I took a ton of pics with him, my kids too, and he signed books for us, and I loved every minute. Can you tell I am a Paula fan?? We had a safe trip home, and now the unpacking and organizing awaits. Disney's Hilton Head island resort was one of the prettiest places we have seen. The whole island was. Just so very peaceful and beautiful. All the Disney touches and details but it ooozed relaxation. We will return here again. Thanks for reading!

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Wow Lisa, congrats on getting in for lunch. How very lucky of you, and good thing you all had your Mickey Tees on! Hahaha. I enjoyed reading your reports so much and now I am even more excited to visit HHI in the future. I am glad you had such a great trip, but sad that it had to come to an end. Have fun unpacking :fresh:, I am still finishing up with our unpacking and washing!

RedSoxFan
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I read all your trip reports. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

DizNee143
07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
it sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time!! thank you so much for sharing it with us..i am now going to look up stuff about this resort..and make my parents use there points here next year for a big family vacation!!! lol..we'll see how that goes..
again thanx for sharing it with us..i enjoyed reading all about it! :mickey:

luvDaMouse
07-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Lisa,
It sounds like you had a great time! My DH and I were going to HHI in October but had to cancel:(. We are going to go for my DD 18th birthday to Disney for a short trip over Halloween instead :D( she is born on Halloween) I enjoyed your trip reports because I want to visit HHI soon. I would love to see pictures if you can post them. Also, are there things to do there for an adult only trip? How about Savannah did you spend any time there or just lunch?:mickey:
Thanks,
Dana

mouseketeer mom
07-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey Dana!
I took hundreds of pictures. I have yet to download them, hopefully by the end of this weekend. I'll try to get some online for you to see. Absolutely this can be a trip for adults only. This was such a pretty place. The old live oaks, the flowers, the marsh. All just so very peaceful. Nothing in your face Disney, except for their attention to detail and the quality of the resort. I highly recommend the marsh view. It was amazing to sit on our rockers in the am and watch the dolphins swim by. And the birds!!! We saw this huge bird in the tree right next to our porch, no kidding Dana, it was like something you would've saw on the Flintstones cartoon. It looked just like a Taradactyl. (sp?) Just massive. So many pretty things to see. And the town itself, so very put together. One street was prettier then the next. The trees, the flowers, all so lush. The food on the island was great. (gained 8 lbs in a week!!!:blush:)...theres great food, but not all the walking like you do in Disney. This is a sit back, relax, take it all in place, not a run around until you drop place. (I have 2 lbs left to go, I lost 6 so far! Hooray!)...Savannah was cool, but we just strictly went to check it out and get into Paulas place before our flight home. My one regret? Not making it to Charleston. The weather was so wonderful, that we chose to stay on the beach and not take that drive. Next time we would do that though. We found some really beautiful historic neighborhoods in Savannah too. We also stopped at some peach stands on the drive down for fun. You would really like this resort I think. We are going back next fourth of July again.

Mackflava99
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Excellent entry story- i guess your shirts were pretty cool-

We ate there on our way down- we got there pretty early so the wait wasnt too bad-