PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pop area

Loves the Mouse
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi I'm new so maybe it was posted but what room area would you recommend ? Do you have any favorites ? I would appreciate if anyone could give me some help with this. Thanks !

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
60's building!:mickey:

hoop de do
07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
We like the 60's. That is a preferred building which will cost you more. If the 60's are not available then we take the 50's, also a preferred building. We like being close to the action. Have a great vaca. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
You really can't go wrong with any of them. If you're driving yourself, or renting a car, I would suggest 90s or 50s as they are the closest to the parking lot. Other than that, though, pick your favorite decade. They are all equally well-themed and fun.

ransam
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but when I'm at disney, i am very specific what i look for in a room. and if it doesn't have all the following, I won't stay there....

Bed? check
shower? check
enough room for a suitcase (it can share the bed w/ me)? check...

I'm good to go.

LVT
07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
After 5 stays, we prefer 50's. Some wings of some decades are a little closer than others, but most of time it did not matter.

lighteningqueen
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
This will be our first time at POP and I requested 50's or 60's because I love that music. But I asked for lake view Is this going to cost more? i just want to be able to get up and look at water. We do not swim and really want that side Not the parking area. What do I ask for and is this a good choice there?

DisneyFr33k
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
This will be our first time at POP and I requested 50's or 60's because I love that music. But I asked for lake view Is this going to cost more? i just want to be able to get up and look at water. We do not swim and really want that side Not the parking area. What do I ask for and is this a good choice there?

A lake view shouldn't cost more, but be warned. The unfinished Legendary Years across the lake isn't a very pretty site.

Also, we asked for specifics for our room last time. We wanted top floor, facing the lake and got middle floor facing the bowling pin pool. A bit more noisy, but not unbearable. We didn't sweat it as we were gone most of the day and crashed hard at night.

lighteningqueen
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I just thought 50s and 60s faced the lake as well and that the new unfinished section was way out to the side of that. I wanted to be able to see the fireworks from that side. I know they are a ways from there....Just love 50'ds music, noise is not a factor for us we bring a fan..

JPL
07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I really enjoyed the few times I stayed in the 90's section. It's quiet and doesn't seem as congested as the 60's and 70's. At first it seems far from everything but if you take a short cut through the parking lot it is actually pretty close to the bus stop and Everything Pop :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
07-09-2009, 05:06 PM
None of the buildings at Pop are that far from the action. If you want a quite room you might ask to be away from the pools since those areas tend to get more traffic and noise. I think the Hippy Dippy pool gets the most traffic. However, if you have kids being close to the pool is pretty handy.

Pop Centurion
07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Our favorite is the 50's building w/ a pool view. Also I don't think all rooms in the 60's are preferred. Last year we had a 60's but with a view of the lake. Not a bad location but just seemed too secluded. But some like that.

Sneaky Pete
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
are the best buildings.