PDA

View Full Version : Time traveler's wife opens 8/14/09

threeh
07-08-2009, 04:14 PM
For all my book loving disney pals if you have not read this book yet hop to it!! It was one of the best books I have read. Movie opens 8/14 starring Eric Bana as Henry and Rachel McAdams as Claire. I had heard that Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt bought the movie rights when the book was published. I saw the trailer on you tube and it looked good. What do you think??

nicster
07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
ohhh, I read this book & LOVED it. Kinda confusing at first, until you get used to the time travel stuff (that always bends my mind). Thanks for the info, it will be on my list of things to see at the theater.

kaerbear178
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
This is my absolute favorite book. I hope the movie is good, I really like Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. Can't wait!

lovewalt
07-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I didn't know they were making a movie from this book.I have mixed emotions about this.I LOVED,LOVED,LOVED this book!I really hate it when the movie version dumbs down a great story.I really hope that doesn't happen with this one.:fingers:

ChipnDaleGal
07-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I loved this book and Eric Bana is one of my very favorite actors. I have been waiting forwever for this darn movie to finally get a release date. I can not wait!!

ChipnDaleGal
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Saw a preview last night for this movie and Eric Bana looks wonderful. I am so excited to have him finally doing a romantic part. The man looks good in a tux!

threeh
07-22-2009, 10:27 AM
I loved this book and Eric Bana is one of my very favorite actors. I have been waiting forwever for this darn movie to finally get a release date. I can not wait!!

Eric Bana=Henry Detamble. Not too shabby!!:thumbsup:
I can't wait for this
(and Julie and Julia..)

LauraleeH
08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I actually didn't know this movie was based on a book until I just read this thread. I saw it today and loved it! It's really, really beautiful.

SBETigg
08-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I think the movie might be better than the book, which is rare. I wasn't a fan of the book. It wasn't bad, had some great moments and well-written, but I thought some elements were truly, truly creepy. I do love Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana, and I think the movie might handle a few of the creepy elements a little differently, so I'm eager to see it.

LauraleeH
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Rachel McAdams is amazing. Always has been, but especially in this movie. I love The Notebook but she was almost too cutesy. And I love Mean Girls but she was too mean. I definitely love her character (Claire) in TTTW. This is the first time I've ever seen Eric Bana but he was also incredible and I'd like to see him in other movies now.

RedSoxFan
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
This movie looks really good. I saw the trailer awhile back. I hope to see it next week with DD12.

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I am going to see it tomorrow afternoon! I am so excited!!

NotaGeek
08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Loved it! It was a nice distraction and totally worth the $5 AMC weekend theater thing!

RedSoxFan
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
DD12 and I saw the movie this afternoon. It was a great movie.

BriarRose0708
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm seeing this tomorrow with my boyfriend for a long over-due date night. I finished the book 2 weeks ago and liked it. Hoping the movie is good and the bf doesn't fall asleep!