PDA

View Full Version : Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus reviews?

Septbride2002
07-08-2009, 01:10 PM
We really wanted CRT but because we may have to change our trip dates (long story) we missed the 90 day window. I snagged a reservation for Akershus Princess breakfast but don't know anything about it. Read somewhere they serve cold cuts at breakfast......

Also who is usually there? I read somewhere else that Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, and Belle are possible - are they regulars? My daughter loves all 3.

~Amanda

Buddy08
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
We were there this past May and my 5 year old niece loved it. We had our picture taken with Belle (which is included in the price) but also saw Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel They have a buffet table with fruits and breads but also bring a family style platter of bacon, sausage, eggs and breakfast potatoes to your table which they refill as needed. A very nice breakfast.

wgbuck
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
We took our 2 & 3 year old daughters this past March, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Both are picky eaters, but the adults enjoyed the food.

As I recall, they had a buffet of fruits/cheeses/biscuits/jellies/etc. In addition, they also brought your table a hot plate (family style) of eggs/hash browns/waffles/etc.

I don't know who the "regulars" are, but the day we went, Belle greeted us at the door (and they made a picture with her). While we were eating, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, & Arial all came by. All of the characters spent lots of time at the table. The look on our kid's faces were priceless, ... you're going to have a great time.

biodtl
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
We went last trip and really liked it. The food was very good (especially the potatoes), and the service was great.

We met Belle in her yellow gown for the photo, and then Mulan, Aurora, Snow White and Jasmine came around to the tables.

Disney Doll
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
We went a few years ago when we took our nieces and we loved it. I've heard they have some odd selections for lunch and diner, but breakfast is standard fare. We had fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and potatoes. It was all very good. I read that these are the princess possibilities: Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Mulan, and Mary Poppins. When we were there we saw Belle, Mulan, Jasmine, and Ariel.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
We've been twice, and enjoyed it both times.

There is a cold buffet, with meats, fruit and cheese (DH likes some of "different" choices they offer) and a hot breakfast is brought to the table, family style. You are able to revisit the buffet or order more hot food as needed.

We've seen Belle, Jasime, Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, Snow White, and Ariel, but only Aurora, Belle and Snow White were there both times.

Septbride2002
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
So it sounds like from this small sampling we'll see Belle, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty for sure - which is great as my little girl loves them all. Ariel would be a huge plus as would Jasmine! My kid doesn't know Mary Poppins or Mulan very well.

~Amanda

momofdisneyprincess
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
No worries. I actually prefer Akershus over CRT! My daughter loved it!!!

swampfox28
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
No worries. I actually prefer Akershus over CRT! My daughter loved it!!!

That's good to know; I'm leaning towards Norway anyway.

My daughter would **LOVE** to see Ariel - and I'd love to see Mulan!

swampfox28
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
...I guess the only problem will be that DD (4) will want to eat there EVERY day for breakfast - and DS (who is 12) will probably fein a heart attack if we try to go more than once...

Too bad there's not a PIXAR breakfast :D- or a villan breakfast!! :thedolls:

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Back when DD's were 15 and 6, we did both CRT and Akershus. While the castle is impressive, both of my daughters preferred the Akershus breakfast over CRT. So much so, that even though everyone is much older now, we're still doing it on the next trip, even with the boys! Well, DH does not mind ogling Jasmine either...:secret:

Septbride2002
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
...I guess the only problem will be that DD (4) will want to eat there EVERY day for breakfast - and DS (who is 12) will probably fein a heart attack if we try to go more than once...

Too bad there's not a PIXAR breakfast :D- or a villan breakfast!! :thedolls:

We are trying to plan a trip with my nephews and the lack of boy character dining is sort of sad.

I am so happy that we were able to even get in any of the princess breakfast - this will be our last trip with just our daughter, so who knows if we'll be able to do this as easily again.

~Amanda

biodtl
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
and DS (who is 12) will probably fein a heart attack if we try to go more than once...
My DS was just short of 12 when we went and he was fine. He was at the age where he didn't care - he loved the food and that was all he cared about. And we all tend to be so happy we're in WDW that we don't care about much else.

ON the next trip we will go again and he will be just short of 14, and something tells me he won't mind it then either - especially if Jasmine comes to our table.;)

DisneyMiMi
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I took my granddaughter when she was 4 and she had the most amazing time. She was really into Mary Poppins and when she stepped inthe room I thought my granddaughter stopped breathing she was so excited. They spend wonderful time with each child and take many pictures. Even our waitress was kind enough to take a picture with us. She spoke of her homeland, Norway, and gave special attention to my grranddaughter. This place was one of my most wonderful memories of the entire trip. I hope the same for you and yours.

Gator
07-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't discount eating in the castle with Cinderella and friends. That's really cool, even though it's pricey. That said, Akershus is fun. And I really like the Norse sampling during lunch. Very tasty. My wife didn't like the food though - she would have preferred a breakfast.

chaodj9
07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Well its good for the younger kids lots of characters to meet but not very much variety for your money but if your trying to get a lot of characters meeted during breakfast i suggest it :party: