PDA

View Full Version : CBR standard rooms

wdwnutz
07-08-2009, 10:31 AM
What is the best building for a standard room at CBR? I know Disney can't always honor your request, but I am curious. We don't really want to pay the extra $$$ for a preferred, but may have to be close to the main building, pool and a bus stop. A friend suggested Trinidad B.

nicster
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
We stayed in Jamaica, it is one of the furthest out from the main building holding the food court. However, that was never a problem. There is a bus stop for each cluster or island of buildings and they run an internal bus that goes to the main building, so if walking is a problem, don't worry they have a nice set up there.

It'sWDW4me
07-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I've haven't stayed at CBR yet but that's where I plan to be next time (yes, no trip date in sight yet but I'm already planning! ;)) I plan on requesting Jamaica bldg #45 or 46 - they're right across the river from OPR and I've heard it's a beautiful walk across the small island; plus there's a bus stop across the parking lot behind the buildings.

Happy planning!

nicster
07-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I've haven't stayed at CBR yet but that's where I plan to be next time (yes, no trip date in sight yet but I'm already planning! ;)) I plan on requesting Jamaica bldg #45 or 46 - they're right across the river from OPR and I've heard it's a beautiful walk across the small island; plus there's a bus stop across the parking lot behind the buildings.

Happy planning!
Yes, we were in building 45 & it was the shortest walk from room to bus stop we have EVER had at any resort. We could see & HEAR :fworks:the fireworks from EPCOT from the balcony outside our room. We are hoping for the same room this time!

CleveRocks
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
What is the best building for a standard room at CBR? I know Disney can't always honor your request, but I am curious. We don't really want to pay the extra $$$ for a preferred, but may have to be close to the main building, pool and a bus stop. A friend suggested Trinidad B.The only problem with your friend's suggestion is that there's no such thing as Trinidad B. There are places named Trinidad, but neither apply to your situation Trinidad North is exclusively preferred location, and Trinidad South is exclusively pirate rooms.

We stayed in Jamaica, it is one of the furthest out from the main building holding the food court.
Actually, Jamaica and Aruba are the closest non-preferred location villages to Old Port Royale.

I'd recommend requesting Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Martinique 22. These are the 3 buildings closest to Old Port Royale that are NOT preferred location buildings.

fatboy
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I would request Jamaica. There is I believe part of Trinidad North that is not preferred.

CleveRocks
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I would request Jamaica.Just a matter of opinion, but I can't see a difference between Jamaica and Aruba ... they are basically mirror-images of each other, one on either side of the bridge to Old Port Royale.

There is I believe part of Trinidad North that is not preferred.
Nope. :mickey:

Trinidad North has only three buildings (31, 32 and 33), and all three are preferred location buildings.

It's Martinique that's half-and-half. Half of Martinique's buildings are preferred location buildings (24, 25 and 26), and half of Martinique's buildings are standard buildings (21, 22 and 23).

wdwnutz
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you, thank you everyone! Now I have my list to give to my agent so I'm off to make my reservations! This website is helpful in planning our WDW vacations!

fatboy
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Just a matter of opinion, but I can't see a difference between Jamaica and Aruba ... they are basically mirror-images of each other, one on either side of the bridge to Old Port Royale.

Nope. :mickey:

Trinidad North has only three buildings (31, 32 and 33), and all three are preferred location buildings.

It's Martinique that's half-and-half. Half of Martinique's buildings are preferred location buildings (24, 25 and 26), and half of Martinique's buildings are standard buildings (21, 22 and 23).

You are right I am thinking of Martinique...

r4kids
07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
We have never stayed at Caribbean Baech before. Which building would you recommend as the best in order of 1,2 and 3 to request? Aruba 51, Jamaica 45, or Martinique 22? Which is the least walking distance to the main bus area, main pool and food court? What is the bus order to the parks, as in main bus is the last stop out and first stop in or do they go to all the internal stops as well? Any info on Caribbean Beach is greatly appreciated!:mickey:

fatboy
07-12-2009, 03:55 PM
We have never stayed at Caribbean Baech before. Which building would you recommend as the best in order of 1,2 and 3 to request? Aruba 51, Jamaica 45, or Martinique 22? Which is the least walking distance to the main bus area, main pool and food court? What is the bus order to the parks, as in main bus is the last stop out and first stop in or do they go to all the internal stops as well? Any info on Caribbean Beach is greatly appreciated!:mickey:

All the buildings mentioned are about the same. You dont need to walk to the main bus area as every island group has it's own stop. They are all pretty similar to OPR. As for the bus rotation it varies greatly, there is no fixed rotation you may get three MK busses in a row, you may see every park twice before you see another one, they move pretty quick though. They go to every stop in the resort. CBR is a beautiful resort, with a lush tropical feel. It's size works as an asset as it never feels crowded. The walks are beautiful. The food court is more than adequate. Overall a great place to stay!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-12-2009, 08:23 PM
As fatboy already told you, all 3 buildings you mention are almost exactly the same distance to Old Port Royale.

There is no such thing as a "main bus area" at CBR. There are 7 stops, and every bus to every park stops at every one. There are 6 villages ... each village has its own stop, plus OPR has a stop. But I must again highlight that OPR's bus stop is NOT "the main bus stop." There is no such thing as a main bus stop. All 7 are equal.

Buses going to Magic Kingdom and buses going to Downtown Disney start at Martinique, and from there go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba, and finally Barbados before heading to the destination.

Buses going to Epcot, buses going to Disney's Hollywood Studios and buses going to Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica, and from there go clockwise to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique,Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, and finally Trinidad South before heading to the destination.

PetefromRI
07-12-2009, 09:17 PM
We requested Aruba or Jamaica for Sept.Close to the bridge would be great.

r4kids
07-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Fantastic! Thank you all for you help. It is 2 families going with a 3 year old and an adult with bad knees. We are trying to keep the resort walking to a minimum. I think we will request the Aruba building. :mickey:

fatboy
07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Fantastic! Thank you all for you help. It is 2 families going with a 3 year old and an adult with bad knees. We are trying to keep the resort walking to a minimum. I think we will request the Aruba building. :mickey:

You may be better off paying the $15 and getting a preferred room!:thumbsup:

Wrigley
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
We've always stayed in Martinique and have loved our location. We were not that far from Old Port Royale, and our bus stop was really close as well. We are doing a preferred location this next time, simply because we will have our 2 year old, and by the end of the day, I want the least amount of walking possible!

CleveRocks
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Fantastic! Thank you all for you help. It is 2 families going with a 3 year old and an adult with bad knees. We are trying to keep the resort walking to a minimum. I think we will request the Aruba building. :mickey:If walking could be that much of an isue for you, then I'd advise to spend the extra $25 per night (it's up to $25 now) for a preferred location room.

Aruba, like the other villages, is large. It's made up of 6 numbered buildings, but each numbered building is really a cluster of 4 buildings linked by walkways. In other words, if you get a room in Aruba 56, you'll be a lot farther away from Old Port Royale than you'd be if you got Aruba 51, perhaps even twice as far away.

r4kids
07-16-2009, 02:49 PM
If walking could be that much of an isue for you, then I'd advise to spend the extra $25 per night (it's up to $25 now) for a preferred location room.

Aruba, like the other villages, is large. It's made up of 6 numbered buildings, but each numbered building is really a cluster of 4 buildings linked by walkways. In other words, if you get a room in Aruba 56, you'll be a lot farther away from Old Port Royale than you'd be if you got Aruba 51, perhaps even twice as far away.

Aruba 51 is our first choice followed by Jamaica 45 then Martinique 22. We tried to look at the map and see what would be close. I can't believe it is up to $25!!